Anya's anxiety

As Yoru made sure that Anya fell asleep after reading her a spy story by tucking in her blanket, Anya's eyes flew open in panic, she had ragged breathing, and broke out in cold sweat as she sat up straight. Yoru was immediately alarmed and sat beside her bed, calmy rubbing her back. "Okay shh, calm down, mom's here."

Anya still wasn't aware of her surroundings and gripped her head as if to erase the memories she didn't want to remember. The child's lips were trembling and she whispered words Yoru could not comprehend. She continued to stare ahead, her eyes in complete fear. Yoru slowly cupped her daughter's face to look at her. Anya finally sees her mother within her vision and she wails.

Twilight heard this from the living room and unconciously barged in to see what was happening. Then, it didn't make him feel so good to see her like this. "I-I was taken back. I don't want to go back. Please don't give me back to them. I promise to be a good girl. I'll study, I won't eat peanuts when you tell me not to, I'll eat the carrots from now on, I'll get stellas in school, I'll do it, I–" Anya could not continue as she choked on her own tears and continued crying.

Twilight and Yoru looked at each other, concern laced in their eyes. they weren't a stranger to what Anya was referring to, discovering it just last week when they successfully warded off her pursuers from the organization and protected Anya.

Twilight crouches down and immediately embraces Anya gently. His calm demeanor taking over. "You can eat all the peanuts you want while you're here." Anya parted slightly and looked at Twilight, still sniffling

"Your name is Anya Forger. Not subject number 007, or what else. You are a daughter of the Forger family and no one can tell otherwise." Anya is in the verge of tears and crashed her arms onto Twilight, wailing again. "Paaa!" She threw her arms around Twilight and hugged him tighter than ever.

Twilight released a small smile which didn't go unnoticed by Yoru that made her smile as well. And in that moment, Twilight knew how he forgot being a spy, how he forgot the constant calls of her handler on the mission, how this was all just pretend, but he didn't really care.

Being in this moment gave him the notion that, maybe, being a father was something that he needed and Anya gave him that reason.