66. Our Wedding

Preeti's point of view

Every girl has a dream that she will get married one day to her love and start family with him. No matter if the girl is carrier oriented girl or just a simple girl like me. That day of her life is one of the most memorable day of her life when she connected her soul to her life partner with a blessing of her parents and god.

In our Indian community where I live, here people preferred arrange marriage. Mine was also an arrange marriage but our love convert into a love marriage.

Today is the most memorable day of my life where i am going to marry to my love, my Siddharth. Who is way beyond better than my imagination.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. A girl who always thought play with dolls and got them married, now herself sitting in front of the mirror in her bridal avatar. A girl who always think about her future husband, is now going to marry with the most handsome, kindest, humblest person in the world, who love her insanely.

Makeup artist did her work very well. She gave me the natural look and painted my lips with red lipstick which is matching to my bridal lehenga. I never thought I can look this more beautiful. I looked at my henna hand and a smile came on my face.

Henna leave the darkest colour in my hand that they almost looked black

Henna leave the darkest colour in my hand that they almost looked black. Everyone kept saying that this is because of Siddharth's love.

Today he is coming to take me with him with everyone's blessings.

I opened the small vermillion box and was about to put it in my hair partition but Neha stopped me by holding my hand. I looked at her confusingly.

"Don't fill it. Today he is going to fill it again." She said with a smile.

I gave her a small smile and dust the vermillion into box and closed its lid.

"Preeti..come sit on bed. You will feel comfortable there." Kshama said while helping me with my heavy lehenga and Neha held my hand to helping me getting up from chair.

I slowly walked to my bed and sit at the corner of it.

"Neha di, Kshama di....Barat (procession) has come." Puja said while coming to my room and looked at me.
........................................................................

Third person's point of view

Siddharth came at Preeti's house door with all band-baja, drums. Keerti, Nick are dancing like maniacs along with James and Emily. They all have sunglasses on because of the sun rays, except Siddharth. Though rays are not as bright as like summer but still for American's it still bright. His mother and father are dancing with their friends. Siddharth was looking all of them sitting on horse. He has a bright smile in his face looking all of them and today is on a nine cloud because today he is coming to take her bride with him.

His eyes roaming around her room's balcony to catch one sight of her but his bride was in her room sitting on her bed all nervous.

When barat stopped at Preeti's house door Preeti's brothers and jijus also came and danced with barat. Pulkit, Anit, Aditya and Anshul pulled their wives and sisters hand and danced with them. Later Anit, Anshul and Aditya helped Siddharth to got off from horse.