1. Prologue

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

I was hanging out with two of my best friends. Finn and Raven. They were like the siblings I never had, but no one has siblings on the Ark.

            "Ready, Rosie?" Raven asks, as Finn finishes tying the blindfolded around my eyes.

My name was Lacey but I went by my middle name, Rose. It's my mother's name, after she died I started going by it, so I could feel connected to her.

            I giggle, nodding. I felt the bottle placed under my nose, I took a big sniff, and Raven instantly pulls it away.

            "How did you get the good Scotch?" I ask.

            "How the hell do you do that?!" Finn laughs pulling the blindfold off.

            I shrug lightly, "When you really think about it, it's kinda sad."

            "True, but it comes in handy."

            "Yes, because being able to figure out any alcohol with one sniff if a very important life skill." I roll my eyes.

            Raven laughs as she takes a slug of the scotch.

            "So, are you going to tell me how you got that scotch, because that's top notch stuff."

            "I do some maintenance work for some people, one of them really appreciated it."

            I laughed and took a gulp of it too. Finn draped his arm over my shoulders taking the bottle from my hand and drinking some.

            "Sorry to cut this party short, but I have to go meet up with the other two, I'll see you tonight, right?"

            Finn nods reassuringly. I start to walk out but Finn grabs my arm and pulls me back.

            "By the way, Rose, happy birthday."

            "Happy birthday Rosie." Raven smiles.

            I smile brightly at them wrapping my arms around them, "I love you guys so much."

            "We love you too, now go."

            I laugh grabbing my jacket and running out the door. I see Wells and Clarke playing chess and I walk over wrapping my arms around Wells' neck. I lean down and kiss him on the cheek, he looks over at me smiling as I rest my chin on his shoulder.

            "Happy birthday." He whispers kissing me on the cheek.

            I tighten me grip around him, and smile uncontrollably.

            "You tighten your grip anymore, and you'll choke me."

            I laugh and relax my arms, before looking at the chess board in front of me. I pick up one of the pieces and place it in the correct spot before smirking at Clarke and announcing checkmate.

            "How the hell do you do that?" Clarke asks, trying to be fake mad, but she ends up laughing.

            I shrug, releasing Wells from my hug, "Don't know, don't care, but it's awesome."

            "Happy birthday, Rose." Clarke says.

            "What do you two have planned for me?" I question sweetly batting my eyes.