Chapter 101

Lady k

Lady k

Natalie took a slow sip from her tea and then slowly dropped her mug on the table. It was so early in the morning and she was doing all she could to avoid eye contact with the older thin woman sitting right beside her who happened to have her eyes and all her focus on her. It was really distracting. Maybe it was because Natalie knew exactly what she was going to say and was trying so hard to not initiate any conversation so she didn't have to say it. She let out a breath. This was getting really frustrating; The awkward silence that filled the entire dining room. Maybe she just needed to get it over with.

"What is it mother?" She finally turned her face to meet her mother's, the fifty six year old dark skinned woman who had the prettiest eyes. Let's just say a typical clone of Natalie but an older version. The woman exhaled.

"What is happening with you?" She finally asked. Finally she was saying something since she walked into the house.

"What do you mean mum?" Natalie had to ask her. She didn't remember complaining about anything.

"It's been a while since you called or visited Natalie. Your father and I are getting really worried about you. The last time you called, you were crying on the phone and ever since then, you never called. Not even to explain why you were crying. Is everything okay with your husband Natalie? Does he still not like you?"

Natalie drew a deep breath and then forced a smile on her face. She turned to her mother quickly.

"Of course not Mum, everything is fine. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Sharon came over the other day. She told your father and I that you and your husband got into a little argument and it made you cry." Natalie folded her hand into a fist. God, why did the only person she ever confided in about her marriage issues have to be a loud mouth? Sharon was her best friend. She knew she had her best interest in heart and that was why she told her parents about it, but she wished Sharon had kept her fight with Christian the other day between them for at least a few more days. 

"She suggested that you came to stay with us for a while and I don't think that's a bad idea at all. It's been two years and nothing has changed. We know this marriage was forced on the both of you but two years is enough time to learn to love someone. All he does is make you cry and it has me really worried. We know you agreed to get married into the Ozor family just so you could help your father but if you're not happy my baby, you don't have to stay here anymore. You don't have to stay with them and let yourself get maltreated anymore. You can come home and we'd try to help you get your life back as hard as we can. Already, your father is getting really irritated by the news, we heard your husband has recently been cut off from the company, the news is everywhere now, it means there is no future for him anymore as far as Benoil is concerned." Her mother leaned closer to her. This was the part where she started to whisper