Chapter 2

Edward POV

"Miss maid I finished my book" I said in my child-like voice.

"That was quick do you want me to take it back to the library young master?" The maid asked in a kind tone.

I shook my head with a smile "No I'm gonna get another one so I'll take it back"

"Alright just be careful young master ask one of the servants if you get lost okay?" She said in a worried tone.

"Okay!" I said in a cheerful tone and started to run off in the general direction of the library. 'Yes it worked, my plan worked! Now all I have to do is get to the garden without being seen' I slowed down and looked around no servants were in sight 'Perfect!'

I start making my way to the garden as I think to myself 'For some reason I feel like today is important, I wonder why?' Finally after what seems like forever I'm outside I can't help the huge smile that comes to my face as I frantically look around at the trees, grass, and flowers.

I find a nice place in the grass and sit down to read my book 'Magical Affinities and You, Chapter 1, Magical affinities are decided by 2 factors 1. Your heritage you will generally have the same magical affinities your parents do and in some rare cases your ancestors in EXTREMELY rare cases you can have a mutation affinity , a mutation affinity is what happens when you have a magical affinity not from your family, this is usually caused by an outside force of  the same kind during pregnancy.'

'The second factor that plays into your magic is your soul, your soul is what generates your mana and dictates how many affinities you can have this varies from person to person and has nothing to do with genetics. The easiest way to find out your magical affinities is the magic test everyone is required to take on their 10th birthday but if one wanted to find out before then meditation is the best way.'

Meditation huh? Well couldn't hurt to try. I lay down in the grass and focus on my body and the sounds around me then slowly but surely I feel something deep in my chest, my magic I focus on it and see 5 different colors red, black, light green, purple, and sky blue which I know are the colors for fire, darkness, healing, poison, and music.

I'm a bit surprised I have 5 affinities the original Edward only had 2 darkness and poison I was expecting to have those but not the other 3 especially not 2 Super Rare ones. The scoring of magical affinities in this world look like this:

Common
Fire🔥
Water💧
Air🌪
Earth🍃

Rare
Ice❄
Storm⛈
Nature🌺
Steel⚓
Poison☠
Darkness⚫

Super Rare
Light⚪
Music🎵
Healing🌈
Love💖
Protection⚔
Animal🐶
Enchantment💍

Legendary
Sun☀️
Moon🌙
Life🌸
Death💀

So I have 1 Common magic 2 Rare magics and 2 Super Rare magics not to mention having 5 affinities is unheard of in this world I guess I'm pretty op huh?

As I was thinking about my magic I felt something nudge my side.

"Hey, who are you?"