Chapter 1

Izzy POV

"Jason put me down!" I demanded as my boyfriend Jason proudly paraded me around on his shoulders.

 "Not until you agree" he said as she started climbing on top of the couch knowing I hate heights.

 "Okay okay you win" I said clinging onto him.

 Pizza!" He exclaimed as he finally put me down from his shoulders.

Yeah we are "arguing" about who got to pick what we order to eat you know typically couple troubles on a Thursday afternoon. I flopped down on the couch and started scrolling through twitter only to be interrupted by Jason crashing his lips on mine.

 "So we have some time before food gets here want to have some fun” he says in between kisses.

 "Mmmm... What kind of fun" I said straddling his waist quickly reattaching our lips. I felt his hands move up and down my sides and finally land on my butt which he firmly squeezed freely considering I only had on an oversized shirt and panties. I played with the hem of his shirt before pulling it off not missing a beat. Things were getting heated fast until there was a knock on the door.

 "Pizza!" Jason jumped up in excitement with my still holding onto him with my legs wrapped around his waist.

 "Swear sometimes I think you love pizza more than me" I joked causing him laugh. I let go of his waist and walked over to the table to give him his wallet.

 "Uh babe, someone is here to see you"

 "What I didn't invite anyone" I said before turning around and coming face to face with Demi Lovato.

 “Hi, sorry I tried calling, but you umm… I guess you were a little busy” Demi said awkwardly due to the fact that both Jason and I’s lack of clothing.

 “Uhh yeah so I’m just going to go pick up the food instead I’ll leave you two to TALK” Jason said as he passed by me grabbing his shirt and wallet, making sure he emphasized the talk part.

 “Um come in, I’m um going to grab some pants” I said before rushing off to my room and grabbing the first pair of bottoms I see.  I stood by the doorway separating the bedrooms and living room staring at Demi look at the pictures on the wall. It took me a second to process that Demi Lovato was standing in my living room and well she is my sister well half-sister, it seems more real now having her here.

 “That was the last birthday I got to spend with my mom before she got into her accident” I said making Demi jump a little.

 “This is seriously the cutest picture I have ever seen".  

 "So not to sound rude but why are here Demi?" I asked sitting on the couch.

 "I think you clearly know why" she said picking up the invitation to attend Patrick's funeral which was sitting on the little coffee table. "Clearly you got it so why haven't you called the funeral is in three days".

 "Demi you know why, that man means nothing to me I wasn't even a daughter to him." I said bluntly.

 "He was sick Isabella his actions weren't entirely all his fault"

 "Stop trying to justify his actions. I'm not stupid Demi, ok. All my life everyone who I needed love and affection from left me and it's not right that I already had to go to my moms and grandmas funeral so why should I bother adding another one to my list." I say

 "Because believe it or not I want you there. Yes I only just found out you're my sister a few weeks ago but I believe everything happens for a reason.  In light of our fathers death I would like it if a relationship between us came out of it”.  

 "I'll think about it" I say just above a whisper."Do you think you can make up your mind by tomorrow morning, then we can catch a flight to Texas Together?"

 Don’t push it!  I’ll call you" I said before embracing Demi in a hug and saying goodbye.