10

So when I call you
in the middle of the night
And I'm choking on the words
'cause I miss you'

--

Weekend with the guys was the real deal to TJ.

Getting lazy, eating greasy junk foods and going out for night walks, gave him time to explore Pacesetters the more and play games. Which was his best part.

He tugged at his black hoodie, shifting out of his comfortable position, a frustrated frown on his face as he tried to beat Elo.

The shorter boy had beaten him four times in a roll and he wasn't going to let him win for the fifth time.

He spared a glance Elo's way, to find the boy engrossed in the game, a smirk on his lips as he gave a final strike. Before a computerized voice drawled out a slow;

"GAME OVER."

"Yes!" Elo said jumping up and pumping his fist into the air.

"Maaan! I'm a fucking pro, he who is brave, dare beat my score!" Elo screamed tying his loose locs into his already folded bun.

TJ rolled his eyes.

"You are cheating Man. I know it." He accused.

"I'm just a Master. Stop being a sore loser." Said Elo, reaching for his cell phone.

"Ma hia!" TJ tried to imitate Elo's pidgin accent, causing the boy to crack up.

"Guyy, you can't even learn common pidgin. How can you learn my skills." Elo teased, still laughing.

That moment, Jiki entered, carrying a sealed pizza pack and a can of undiluted Black currant juice.

"Who's hungry?" He called out as he joined them.

He glanced at TJ. "Why is your face like shit?"

"I won him again. And for the fifth time. Me na boss na." Elo taunted, earning a laugh from Jiki and a scowl from TJ.

"Boss my black ass."

"Don't worry. You'll learn with time. To beat Elo, you must watch him play and not play with him." Jiki said, sitting on the floor.

"How do you even do it?" TJ finally asked, swallowing his pride.

"No sir, a good magician never reveals his secret." Bragged the darker boy, bowing slightly and earning a hiss from his friends.

Elo quickly forgot his taunting and made for the pizza carton.

"Bless you man, my favourite."

"What's that?" TJ asked, going close to the strange looking pizza.

"It's Dodo pizza." Jiki said, attention on the said pizza.

They sat down, forming a circle around the food.

"Dodo? As in, fried plantain?"

"Yes. The one and only."

TJ took a triangular piece, staring at the hot thing with fried plantain cut in small piece on then.

"Now stop staring at it like it's a dead rat and have a bite." Elo urged, his mouth full. Making him spit out crumbs nowhere but on them.

"Guy abeg easy! " Jiki warned, going for another bite.

TJ took a bite and his eyes closed involuntarily, a moan escaped his lips, causing him to quickly open his eyes to be met with amused faces of Elo and Jiki.