KANG DANIEL - PART 1

🍼 little Kang Daniel

I can clearly hear the well known soft whining coming from my left but I decided to act like I am still fast asleep. It is too early to be awake, the alarm clock is still silent and I just want to get a few more minutes of sleep. I am a college teacher of astronomy and my schedule isn't very full today, I only have one lecture today and then I can spend the rest of the day with Daniel.

On the other hand, my little one doesn't want to sleep any longer. Daniel isn't tired because his mommy forces him to go to bed at 22 every night no matter if he is big or little. Today is Friday and he has a free day, he isn't working in the coffee shop today so he wants to have fun with his mommy. Daniel doesn't like that I am still sleeping. He is sucking on his pacifier and wriggles around in the warm bed with his diaper rustling and disturbing my sleep. Daniel hears his mommy sighing and then I finally opened my eyes. My little one immediately pushed his face right in front of me and his hair got in my mouth. I slightly struggle to push him away a bit and sighed when I see that his diaper is wet. It means that I can't just lie in the warm bed for a bit longer because he is wet and if he is in the wet diaper then his skin will get irritated. I got up and grab a diaper and package of wet wipes. The little one is already waiting for me sprawled on the bed. After taking off the wet diaper and cleaning his bum and crotch Daniel isn't patient anymore and wants to crawl away. I quickly grabbed his ankles to stop him and fastened the clean diaper around his waist.

He can crawl around the bed for a while when I am taking a shower and doing my make-up. I have one hour to get at college so it means that I need to hurry - getting Daniel ready is going to be hard. I let him play while I prepare a quick breakfast - milk, and cereals - and then I packed his backpack. Daniel is in his little space so he doesn't remember that I have to work today. When he spotted me rushing around the bedroom and choosing clothes for him, he started to cry. Daniel is whining while I am putting him in clothes and then I turned the TV on for him to watch cartoons while eating breakfast. It calms him down a bit and I also get dressed and grabbed my bags. Daniel cries when I turned the TV off but I let him suck on his pacifier, it doesn't matter because we are both wearing face masks and the fabric is covering his mouth. We head toward the subway and got on a train. The journey takes only ten minutes and then we walk a short distance from the subway station to the college building. I quickly lead him to my office which I share with Chanyeol. The man knows about Daniel and his little space and he has no problem with looking after him for two hours until I come back.

"Baby boy, be a good boy and play nicely."

I stroke his hair and opened his backpack. I pulled out his toys, sippy cup and box with a snack. My lecture is starting in a few minutes so I need to hurry in the big auditorium where are my students waiting for me. I am a professional but my mind keeps running back to Daniel. I hate that I have to work during his free days, he should be able to be as small as he wants on his free days and sitting in my office definitely isn't fun. We will need to do something funny after getting out of here. Maybe we can go to a park or a sweet-shop. I really love my job but sometimes I hate that my baby can't be with me all the time. Daniel would be bored during the long lecture with so many difficult things. Luckily the two hours are gone rather quickly and I can finally go back to my office. My little angel is asleep on the small couch which is in the corner of the office. Chanyeol is silently working on his computer and I notice that his obsessed ass cleaned Daniel's toys. I have a chance to finish a bit of my work like grading my student's projects until my baby woke up. It is time for lunch so I take him to KFC to eat our favorite fried chicken. Daniel is lively after the nap and food and I decided to take him to a park. There are restrooms where I changed his diaper and then I let him run toward a playground. Daniel sat down on a spring rider and I pay attention if he isn't bouncing too fast, he got hurt once and the guilt almost killed me. Daniel enjoys spending time in his little space where is no stress or worries, he has me to take care of him when he is this vulnerable. My baby moved to the colorful slides and I stand next to the slides to catch him if he falls. Daniel is giggling whenever I catch him at the end of the plastic slide. I bring his sippy cup with strawberry lemonade and he takes few sips before going back to playing. We should head back home before he gets too tired to walk on his own. I am strong but I am not strong enough to carry him home for twenty minutes. I need to bribe him with cartoons and only then we can leave the park. He is hopping next to me for the whole way home and I see that we left the park in the best moment because it is starting to rain.

Daniel jumped on the couch and I need to scold him because he needs to change his clothes after coming from outside. I lead him in the bedroom and changed him into pink leggings and baby blue fluffy sweater. I check his diaper to see if he isn't wet and then he can go and watch the TV. My baby is watching Yogi Bear and I prepare a snack for him. I wash strawberries and cut them in half and put them in a bowl, then I prepare a few sandwiches and put everything on a tray. My baby politely thanked me for the sandwich and starts to eat. I am grading a few more projects while Daniel is watching the cartoons, if I finish my job sooner then I will have more time for my little one. After a while, I realize that Daniel isn't moving and I looked at him. My poor baby must have been so tired from playing in the park so much. He is fast asleep next to me and sucks on his pacifier while weakly gripping my arm. I sighed and slowly reached across his body to grab the TV remote control and turned the TV off. I carefully moved him away a bit and gently picked him up. I carry my sleepy baby in our bedroom and tucked him in the bed and put his pink stuffed bunny under his left arm so he has his friend close to him. Daniel whined something and grips his bunny. I silently sat down on the bed next to him and start to work. I am silently typing on my computer and grading the papers and force myself to work hard to finish everything in order to have a free weekend. It doesn't matter that I am tired and want to take a nap too but I am determined to finish this to have more time for my baby boy.