Chapter 37 Museum tour

Third pov

Marinette wondered where time had gone. They'd already been in Gotham for a month. A whole month.

And a lot has happened.

Some things that she could've been without, and somethings she can't really regret.

Now however, the class were going through a guided tour at Gotham's museum of history.

The class had after Adrien almost screaming at them, split into two clear groups.

The one standing firmly on Lila and Alya's side and the ones that are actually starting to think about the last few years.

Then there's the three currently ignoring the others.

"And here is the part dedicated to Batman and his fellow vigilantes that have at one point or another protected Gotham. You're welcome to look around before we move on to the next room." The guy, Randy, told them.

Marinette was scribbling down ideas in a notebook.

"Is that the original outfits?" Chloe went over to the wall with glass showcases with different suits belonging to the Robins that have been with Batman.

Marinette came over too. She couldn't see anyone she thought could belong to Damian.

There was four of them. The two newest looking not being bad, but then- her eyes zeroed in on the two others and she glared.

"The colors can be a bit too much for others who haven't seen them before." Randy laughed as he came over.

Adrien smirked. "I don't think the color is the problem."

Marinette whipped her head around. "I can forgive the colors, forget them. Why in the world weren't they wearing pants?! What adult thinks it's a good idea to let kids out without pants??" She shook her head violently.

Randy chuckled. "Is your friend alright?"

Adrien smiled as Chloe let Marinette rant. "She'll be fine. I think. She's a fashion designer." He added the last part to give some explanation to the ranting.

Soon they were moving on, the french class merging with the Gotham class in the next room. The whole place was dedicated to villains.

Damian joined up with their three-man-group. He raised an eyebrow as Marinette was seething. "Are you okay, Angel?"

The two blondes hid their smiles at the nickname.

Marinette shook her head. "No, because Batman is apparently awful at designing suits!"

Damian smirked. This could be fun. "Why is that?"

"First of all, PANTS. Does he know what they are? Does he know that kids should be wearing them? I can forgive the red, green and yellow but there is no pants on two of the Robin suits! Was he clueless or did the first two have some kind of super immune system? Did he suddenly realize kids should be wearing pants or did the third one just start wearing them and he went along with it?" By the end Marinette was panting.

Chloe was hiding her laughter, Adrien was openly laughing, a few of the Gotham students around them were snickering.

Damian had put a hand on her shoulder, a genuine smile on his face as he chuckled. "Breathe."

"Yes, breathing would be quite beneficial." A scratchy voice said just as a tall shadow loomed over Marinette and Damian.

Marinette turned her head to look behind her and got something sprayed in her face.

*****************************************************************

Adrien backed up, pulling Chloe with him just as Scarecrow sprayed Marinette in the face.

Students around them screamed in fear as they tried to run for the exits, some succeeding and others being stopped by henchmen.

Not Scarecrows henchmen, Adrien decided since another man entered.

One he had read upon.

Two-Face.

Half of his face scarred beyond recognition.

Not good. Not good at all.

Marinette is dazed as she and Damian are both grabbed by henchmen holding them still, everyone else being herded into groups.

"Who is this little lass, hm?" Scarecrow grabbed Marinette's chin and looked at her.

************************************************************

Damian swore quietly.

Scarecrow hadn't shown his face in a good while and they had expected him to show up soon. But not in the middle of the day!

He looked around, gauging what it would take to keep them from dozing anyone else in fear toxin and hopefully giving the others an out.

He'd have to stay.

He looked at Marinette. Her head was hanging and her eyes was starting to glaze over.

Not good at all. Everyone reacts differently to Scarecrows fear gas and right now he isn't in the position to give her the antidote in his hidden pocket.

Scarecrow started saying something when Marinette threw herself at him with an angry shout.

Damian's eyes widened as he watched her cling to Scarecrow with one hand and beating him with the other as one of Two-Face's henchmen tried to get her off.

************************************************************

Jason had been in one of his safe houses when his earpiece crackled and Oracle's voice came on.

"Hey O. Back in town?" He cleaned on of his guns as he talked.

"I am. Listen, I need you to get to Gotham's History Museum. Two-Face and Scarecrow are holding parts the french class and Damian's class hostage." Frantic clicking on a keybord followed.

Jason swore, putting the gun down as he started pulling his suit on. "What's the status?"

"Marinette's got quite the doze of fear toxin and is currently trying to kill Scarecrow, crazy strong too, there's two guys trying to pull her off him. Two-Face has wandered off somewhere else and Damian can't give her the antidote. GCPD is outside but can't get in."

"Got it."

In under five minutes Jason was on his way. He just hoped Baby-Bat and his girlfriend could hold on until he's there.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)