Chapter Five

“So what did you say to him?”, Stephanie asked as she sat closely to her friend as she told her about the encounter with the handsome stranger

“I didn't say anything”, she shrugged her shoulders and Stephanie groaned as she collapsed exaggeratedly on the bed. “He left me this”, she handed her the serviette and Steph read it out loud.

“I look forward to hearing from you about that date”, Stephanie rose her upper body to look at Abigail, who nervously clenched her teeth. “Is this even for real?”, she watched as the other woman gave a short nod.

She heaved a sigh. “Don't know bout you but this looks like a creep alert red flag”, she gave a disapproving look before Abigail snatched the serviette from her and slipped it in her back pocket.

“It's not creepy. Its actually kind of sweet”, she retorted. Stephanie shrugged before they both fell back on the bed.

“So, what did he look like?”, Stephanie turned to look at her

“He was cute”

“Do you even know what cute means?”, she rolled her eyes at her

“Good looking?”, the other woman quizzed

“No. It means ugly but acceptable”, Stephanie bit her lip to avoid laughing out loud, Abigail punched her playfully on the arm.

“No, it doesn't”

“Okay, on a serious note”, Steph rose her head up, “How is he? Describe him to me”.

“He was really handsome”, she rose her hands in surrender. “He has dark, beautiful black eyes. He has this strong, deep voice-”, Abigail dozed off as she thought of him.

“Just a few minutes with him, and you're already gone”, Stephanie interrupted as she shook her head, making the tsk tsk tsk sound

“I'm not gone, okay?”, Abigail laughed as she pushed her upper body up. “He's interesting and.....different”, she shrugged.

“Are you going to agree to the date with him?”, Stephanie rose an eyebrow

“I don't know”

Ian sat still in his office, his head dropped back against the headrest as his eyes stared at the ceiling above him. Thousands of thoughts racing in his mind, but the one that stood out was with the woman he had an interaction with earlier that day. He wanted to talk to her again, to pursue her on a date, but she became occupied with the table she had to attend to. He wondered if him leaving her a message in the serviette left a bad impression on her. But it was the only thing she can take away to remind her of him and their short conversation.

The sight of her bought warmth to his heart. She was indeed a sight for sore eyes. She had beautiful features, and her bright chocolate brown eyes surely imprinted on him.

A smile crept to his face because of thinking about her, he knew that he had to see her again, soon

“Abbie, the guy sitting at table six wants you to take his order”, Tracy said as she strode to stand beside her as she cleaned the counter. Abigail's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“But, table six is your table”

Tracy shrugged. “Yeah I know, but the guy wants you, so”, she took Abigail's notepad and pen and placed them into her hands while pushing her in the direction of the table six.

“I'll look after table seven for you”

Abigail's heart skipped a beat as she saw him sitting across where she was standing. He was neatly dressed in a navy blue waistcoat with his white shirt rolled up to his sleeves. His hair was cut on both sides, with the top side slicked to the left and his face was neatly groomed. The way he was concentrating on the paperwork in front of him was so sexy she couldn't look away.