Chapter 7

This is what Solomon's voice sounds like or how I imagine it.
xxx
C h a p t e r 7

xxxC h a p t e r 7

(Solomon's POV)

I watched as Kyoya got out of the car, and was surprised when I saw like fifteen girls run up to him with hearts basically bulging out their eyes.

I was even more surprised when I saw what they were wearing.

Yellow dresses with puffy sleeves.

Why did rich people like ugly clothing so much?

But, what surprised me the most was Kyoya's reaction. Instead of being smug, or an asshole to them in general, he smiled and greeted them with kind words. His fake smile was so impressive, even I'd probably think it was genuine if I didn't know him.

'So that's the kind of person he is,'

Mean to those who don't really serve any purpose to him or are considered to be "lower" than him. Nice to those he can use and benefit from.

But why did he benefit from banana girls?

I shook my head.

I needed to get focused on the task at hand.

I knew that as soon as I stepped my foot out of this vehicle all eyes would be on me. I could already tell what type of kids the students were. Sheltered and spoilt by their parents. Allowance bigger than my house's mortgage. Manipulative and closed minded to those who are different than them.

To those who they considered "lesser" than them.

This environment was extremely intimidating.

I felt my nervousness begin to resurface.

I almost wanted to beg Mr. Racist driver to take me back to the house, but I didn't. I wouldn't let these brats win. I earned my spot here, unlike the kids who just got everything handed to them. That makes me better. That makes me stronger.

The chauffeur opened the door on my side which was the one facing away from the school.

I shoved my nervousness deep down inside of me and remembered my grandfather's words.

"You are going to walk into that school and some people are going to believe you are stupid, weird, and even ugly, but once you hit them with your slingshot, you will kill their assumptions, accusations, and low expectations for you, and will rise above them all."

I tightened my grip on my book bag strap and stepped out the car.

———
(Third person POV)

As soon as Solomon was fully out of the limo, the girls' surrounding Kyoya swooning ceased and was replaced by collective gasps.

It seemed as though the whole courtyard went silent as Solomon stepped foot on the curb after the limo sped off.