23

All I could do was sit there

Sit there on the bench, slightly bend over, staring at the ground.

Nothing else was on my mind. If it wasn't Jongho, then who was it?

After he broke the truth, I did not believe him. I accused him over and over again until he showed me his phone, but that still did not stop my suspicion. I only let it go when he let me go over his maps history, showing that he had not left his house last night. He did offer his help though, but I wouldn't go back on my word. Even if he's a different person, I still would not ever trust him, so I just let it go.

As I was collecting my thoughts, my phone buzzed. Out of curiousity, I opened the message.

Unknown
It's too bad you failed
to recognize me
Sent 10:01

Unknown
But you had to confuse
me with him?!
Sent 10:01

I began panting. So... this person was somewhere here? And heard what happened between Jongho and I? But I don't recall anyone being there on the rooftop...

Then a hang gripped my shoulder. I almost yelled, but as I turned to see who it was with fearful eyes, a familiar face smiled back at me.

"Woah, hey, you look spooked." He said and I let out a huge sigh of relief. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm completely fine." I forcefully smiled, turning off my phone and putting it into my lap. "What's up?"

"Nothing. Mind if I sit?" He pointed at the bench I was sitting on. I moved over so he would have more space and he sat down.

"Your name was..." I pointed at him, trying really hard to remember his name.

"Nam Seonggi." He smiled.

"Right, sorry." I answered and scratched my neck awkwardly. "I'm-"

"Lee Haeun. How could I not know you?" He laughed and I gave him a questioning look. He stilled and began explaining seeming my expression. "You're not only very popular in general, you also helped me out last time."

Then I realized why he looked so familiar. His face reminded her of the thing that happened. That tore her and the boys apart. It did feel painful, but seeing Seonggi's grateful expression somehow put me at ease.

"Oh! My god, I completely forgot to check in on you. Were you okay after what happened?" I was quite worried now. From what I see, his face seems fine, but he was beaten up quite badly.

"No worries, I'm perfectly fine." He smiled. His eyes were tiny when he did that. Just like Jisung's. "Anyways, why are you out here instead of inside with your friends? They seemed worried about you when I left." Seonggi continued the conversation. I sighed.

"I just came out for some alone time." I answered shortly. 

"I see... well I guess I'm disturbing that." He awkwardly laughed and I immediately broke out into "nonono".