29

Chapter Twenty-Nine| Eden

It's been a couple of hours since mine and Theo's argument. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he's basically a cold-blooded killer.

But he's my giant.

He only wanted to be loved.

He didn't want to be alone.

I called Professor Oliver and he said that he'd be round in the morning. I feel like this is becoming a regular thing, me calling Oliver and him coming round in the morning to sort out our problems.

It's now seven in the evening. Theo's cries died down about an hour ago and now there's just an eerie silence throughout the house.

I take a minute to compose myself and decide to make my way downstairs. I bite my lip when I make it into the living room and see Theo sleeping on the sofa.

My heart pinches when I see he's clutching a photo frame with me and him in it.

I move in closer and see the dry tears on his cheeks. The tip of his nose is red and his cheeks are also flushed.

I sigh and reach out to take the frame out of his hold but he whimpers and tightens his arms.

I feel my eyes begin to water and I leave him be, going into the kitchen to make something to eat.

I decided to just make us a sandwich because I can't be bothered to cook. I then make my way back over to Theo and decide to leave the sandwich on the coffee table.

As soon as I place the plate down I hear Theo groan behind me and I turn to face him. He slowly opens his eyes and then his eyes widen when he sees me in front of him.

He shoots up and looks at me with wide eyes. "S-Small?"

"I-I made you a sandwich," I whisper and I tell him, pointing to the plate. I feel myself start to get nervous and I look away from his intense stare. "I spoke to Oliver, he'll be round in the morning," I tell him, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Look at me, small." He pleads and I slowly close my eyes before facing him. "Don't give up on me." He whispers and then starts to play with his hands. "I don't know what I would do without you."

How could I give up on the one person who has made me so happy these past months?

I take a seat next to him and I feel him tense as my arm brushes against his muscled one.

"How many people have you killed?" I question him, keeping my eyes forward.

I hear him suck in a breath and then he answers. "I don't know." He whispers, his voice filled with shame.

"I know it's not your fault. You had no choice." I turn my head to the left and look at him. He gives me a small smile and nods his head. "But you should have told me, I shouldn't have found out the way I did, Theo. Do you understand?" He nods his head and grabs hold of my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"D-Do you not love me anymore?" He tilts his head and pouts his lips a little.

"Theo, I could never stop loving you." I squeeze his hand and then go back to staring at the wall in front of me.

"My feelings were always real." He tells me, rubbing his thumb up and down against my hand. "You've given me a life. Freedom." I bite my lip to stop it from trembling.

All of this just feels surreal.

"I understand if you want me to leave." He whispers in a sad voice and my back tenses. "I can go."

I begin to start shaking my head and I stand up and stand right in front of him. He spreads his legs so I can step closer to him.

"Yes I'm angry at you,Theo, but I don't want you to leave. I love you, just promise me that there are no more secrets." He quickly nods his head.

"I promise." He smiles and wraps his arms gently around me and rests his head on my stomach. "Thank you, small." He releases a breath and then starts to pepper kisses on my protruding belly.

I laugh as it starts to tickle and push his head back.

•••

"You're such a big baby." I giggle. My laugh echoes around the bathroom and I smile down at Theo who has chosen to draw pictures out of bubbles on my belly.

I feel his chest vibrate as he begins to laugh. "I'm always going to cherish these moments." He whispers, nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck.

"You say that as if you're going away." I laugh.

"As you said, small, I'll probably go to prison."

"I won't let them!" I grab hold of his forearms tightly like they could take him away from me right now. "We're in this together."

"I don't want them to hurt you, small." He kisses the side of my head.

"They won't!"

"As soon as Professor Richards wakes up, he'll kill me."

I feel my heart begin to race at the thought of my Theo being killed.

"Don't say that!" I scold and he sighs. "No matter what happens, Theo, you and I are in this together."

"Giant and Small." He whispers.

"Giant and Small," I repeat his words and rest my head against his chest

"I'm sorry again." He apologies and I furrow my eyebrows. "I should have told you everything, sorry, small."

"It's okay." I can see the goosebumps starts to rise on my skin as the water starts to get cold. "We should get out." Theo helps me stand and then helps me out of the bathtub.

I grin when he wraps me up in a fluffy towel and starts to dry me.

We take our time getting ready for bed, sharing kisses whenever Theo felt like it.

I keep looking at him and I don't ignore the hint of doubt etched onto his face.

"You really think Professor Richards is going to kill you," I say as we stand opposite each other, the bed in between us.

He pulls the duvet back and gets in. "I want to cuddle with you." He pats the empty space next to him and I climb into the bed.

"Small, I don't want to believe it but it's going to happen." I feel the tears start to fall and I clutch onto him tightly.

"Theo I don't want you to die!" I whimper and he tightens his hold on me, kissing the top of my head.

"Neither do I." He mutters.

And I can't shake the feeling that this could be our last night together.

So I hug him just a little bit tighter.

"I'm glad I met you, small."

A/N
This book reached 300,000 reads! Thank you💗