Chapter 11 ~ Storm

Serena blushed and Ash seemed confused. "What do you mean?" he asked and Mallow explained. "Well, you hold each other's hand and look like you've been doing on something..."

"Isn't that Mallow enough," Kiawe interrupted and nodded at the other two (Serena blushed more realizing what Mallow meant and Ash seemed even more confused)

Serena quickly took the grip from Ash's hand. "Sadly disappointing, but no, we're not together," she said, shaking a few branches from her head and brushed her clothes more evenly.

Even if I wish we were, she still thought in her mind and glanced at Ash, who seemed confused about the whole thing, and noticed Pikachu sitting on Ash's shoulder again and sighing, as if saying his trainer was a really dense idiot at times. Then Ash suddenly seemed to recover and asked Mallow and Kiawe, "Why were you two here anyway?"

To Serena's surprise, Mallow seemed to blush a little. "We were.. on a walk," she said, glancing at Kiawe, who nodded and also seemed to.. blush? slightly. "Yeah, and we were just going..."

He couldn't finish his sentence as a raindrop interrupted him. It hit right on his nose (Mallow giggled a bit) and he looked surprised. He looked up at the sky and soon more drops fell.

They realized that it was starting to rain and realized that they would get wet through if they didn't go to some shelter quickly. (Mallow no longer giggled) "Let's go to Professor Kukui's house, it's closest," Ash said and the others nodded, agreeing. "Right," they said and set off to run towards the house.

On the way, the rain increased more and more and also started to rain hard. They realized that this would not just be a small downpour that would pass in an instant, but a decent storm that could last a long time. Hopefully, there will be no thunder, Serena thought as she secretly feared thunder.

The rain got harder and soon the road was rippling out of the water. Serena felt her shoes get wet soaking and other clothes as well. Soon she was quite soaked and water was running down her hair and face. Fortunately, Professor Kukui's house was getting closer and closer and they ran towards it as fast as they could.

Professor Kukui seemed to be facing them at the door as they rushed towards it. "Quickly inside!" he shouted and shielded himself from the rain with his hand.

Mallow and Kiawe were the first to get inside and Ash quickly followed them. Serena was just getting to the stairs of the house as she slipped and fell, feeling a disgusting pain on her knee.

Ash was just getting inside when he heard Serena exclaim and turned just right to see that she had fallen to the ground. "Serena, are you okay?" he exclaimed and rushed back to Serena. "I guess, knee and ankle hurt just a little bit," she said, and tried to get up, just slick on the ground again.

She tried again, but as the ground was wet and slippery, her sore ankle did not provide enough support, the wind was now blowing really hard and the rain was whipping her eyes, she could not get up but fell again. Ash couldn't bear to see her lying on the ground, and without thinking anything, lifted her in a bridal style on his lap and quickly carried her inside.

Serena was quite surprised by Ash's work, but didn't complain. They also got inside and Ash lowered Serena gently to stand.

But as Serena tried to lose weight on her sore ankle, she whimpered in pain and faltered. She would have fallen again if she hadn't received support from Ash's shoulder. (Pikachu had gone inside before Ash.)

"Are you sure you can walk?" Ash asked worried and Serena realized she couldn't. There was too much pain in her ankle.

Leaning on Ash's shoulder, Serena limped on the couch and stretched her sore leg straight so that her ankle rested on the coffee table. Mallow fetched her some dry towel that Serena could wrap.