Chapter 33: Your happy tears

Jaerim's P.O.V

"I'm sorry for not knowing your birthday before." I confessed. "I feel like.. a worthless girlfriend." I added as I lowered my head.

Kai and I are currently in a resto near the park where he and those other guys performed. We sat next to each other and talked for a while as we wait for the others to come here.

"Don't think that way Jaerim." Kai said sincerely as he lifted his arm and placed it behind me, trapping me in his arm. "I understand. I mean, we never really had a chance to talk about ourselves 'cause we've been through so much hardship within our relationship before." He smiled.

"Hmmm, well you have a point there." I smiled back at him then glanced at the dog bag under the table. "Oh, I almost forgot." I crouched a little so I can pick up the dog bag below. "Here." I placed the bag on the table and flashed Kai my eye-smile.

He eyed the dog bag closely then he was startled when the toy poodle's head popped out of the bag. He almost fell on his seat after he startled. "SHIT! THIS DOG WILL BE THE DEATH ME!" He cursed which results to everyone's attention in the resto.

I looked at him and I was forcing myself not to laugh at his epic reaction. "Zip it, Kai. There are other people in the resto. Don't just curse like that!" I said as I finally composed myself.

"What's with this dog, anyway?" He asked me as he pulled the puppy out of the dog bag and on to his warm hands.

"It's my gift for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAI!" I greeted him with my hands doing that 'TA-DA' thing. Do you get what I'm saying here?

He just eyed the puppy with an unreadable face expression in his face.

"You don't like my gift? You don't like puppies?" I asked, disappointed.

He shifted his attention to me and pressed his lip against me quickly then smirked at me seductively. "Of course, I love it!" He said, stroking the puppy's head with bright smile in his face this time.

"Glad you loved it. You know, somehow that puppy reminds me of you."

"Me?" He flashed me his confused look, still stroking the puppy's head.

"You have the same skin color with him." I responded and I saw him blew his front bangs because of what I said. He's hot yet cute when he does that. "Anyway, what are you naming him?" I asked, shrugging what I just said before and lean in towards him to caressed the puppy's furry body.

"Monggu?" He answered, quite unsure.

"Why Monggu?" I asked him.

"I just feel like it." He answered in a very cool manner and smiled widely after. He's so random.

We both stared at each other's eyes deeply like reading every inch of us. I really miss him. He's still beautiful as ever. I thought I stare at him.

"Aye yo, love birds! Quit that! You're making me envious!" A deep voice was heard which made Kai and I shifted our attention to Ash who is with a group of guys approaching us.

They sat wherever they want and the place started to become much noisier.

"Well, you can have a staring game with Baekhyun!" Said the scary-looking guy who looks like Chinese.

"Quit it, guys." Kai interrupted them.

I noticed that those guys with Ash are actually the guys who performed a while ago. I noticed because some faces are familiar.