vi.

"바라만 보고 있어도 그냥 내가 다 기뻐잉"

dear jungkook,

remember that one time we had a quiz on math and you unfortunately didn't have a ballpen? your face was priceless. you were panicking. you didn't know what to do. you were so afraid that you wouldn't be able to take the quiz and not have a higher grade than me.

you looked so uneasy. our teacher started distributing our test papers and you didn't have any pen. you kept on looking around. you're trying to find someone you can borrow a pen from, but you weren't able to do anything. you were too shy to approach them. but thanks to your super nice seatmate (a.k.a. me), everything turned out fine. i lent you my extra pen. you didn't want to take it at first but I guess you realized that you have no other choice so you just took it.

our teacher announced the scores of our quiz right after we took them. and guess what? you got the highest score. you must be so happy deep down inside, because you beat me...on my favorite subject. but i didn't make it as a big deal since i'm not really competing with you. in fact, i felt happy.

i thought i'm going home alone again on that same day. but i was wrong, because the moment i walked out our school gate, you suddenly called my name. i was shocked. i wasn't expecting that. if you only knew. if you only knew, jungkook.

if you only knew how much i loved hearing your voice say my name.

you nervously walked towards me and handed me back the pen you borrowed from me a while ago. "thanks," you said. you offered to walk me home to show your gratitude. but to me, it was more than that. it was special. you are just so precious for being too thankful for what i did. you just borrowed my pen, jungkook. no big deal. but still, i took your offer.

silence filled the air while we were walking. but it's okay. i still felt happy because i am with you. when we reached our house, we said our goodbyes and i thanked you, too.

you smiled, "take care."

and in an instant, my heart started racing. you smiled, jungkook. you smiled.