❄︎ 1 ❄︎

⊰ Chapter one: Prologue ⊱
__________

⊰ Chapter one: Prologue ⊱__________

His eyes, piercing through my body.

His words were colder than the Atlantic Ocean.

His lips curved in a sexy smirk.

And his hands hotter than fire.

"Honey, my heart is colder than the ice."

•••••

*Candace POV*

I couldn't believe my eyes when the news was playing on the TV in the living room, where I, with my family, were sitting and waiting for my father to come home.

Man, which his family was waiting for, was having an interview with journalists from other TV shows bragging about his brave and quick action, which resulted in saving the vice presidents' daughter. Mom sat in her favorite yellow armchair, with an open classic book on her lap.

My brothers, too busy with their phones, glanced at the TV to be frozen, looking dumbstruck on our father, smiling sheepishly when answering questions.

"I'm home, Familia!" Father sang happily, coming home from his full of surprises day. We got up from our seats, running to our Dad's side. Mom gracefully raised from her armchair, embracing her husband, as he got out of his working jacket and boots.

"Dad!" Liam cried, taking his hand and leading him to the living room. Mason and I, with mother, followed him quietly, waiting for some explanations. He sat him down in our old English style armchair, which parents got from grandpa for their wedding.

"Care to explain?" Mason asked, annoyed, bending on another interview of our father. Dad looked at us curiously, studying every movement of our face.

"I was on my way to catch a case about money fraud in the big company when I saw a car turning on a country road. A suspicious-looking black van." Begin his interesting story about, how by accident, he saved the vice presidents' daughter.

"So, you must go after him? James! For god's sake... How many times do I have to remind you that sniffing around can be dangerous!" Mom cried loudly, putting hands on her hips. Dad, startled by my mother's shouts, stood up and embraced her lovingly, petting her back.

"I am sorry darling, but by that, I saved 11 years old child," Father uttered, glancing at mothers' face and kissing her forehead lightly. Liam was still confused with everything that was happening, jumped on the sofa, getting our attention.

"You did it for free?" Liam remarked, dissatisfied. Looking at my 9 years old brother, I couldn't believe how stingy that brat could be.

"Yes, Liam, I did it for free." Holding mother in his arms, dad answered, smiling proudly.

"That sucks." Liam declared disappointed, dropping his head and heading to the staircase.

"But..." Father spoke, stopping brat in his footsteps. "My boss was overjoyed with my achievement. So, he let me go on a month-long vacation and paid for everything." Continued, getting our attention and curiosity, which was showing on our faces.

"O my God, that's the best news I ever heard coming from your mouth," Mason said, taking out one of earphones, smiling greedily at our father. Father frowned at that but let it slide as he was too happy to care about Masons' vicious remarks.

"I hope it's going to be some tropical island," I added, feeling the warm sun shining at me happily. Imagining gorgeous sun-kissed skin, cocktails, and azure seas, alluring me for swimming.

"Not necessarily." My own father destroyed my hopes with one sentence.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling chills down my spine, which didn't mean anything good.

"We are going to Austria." Dad declared, being happier than we were. Mom dreamed just like me to lie down on some beach and let skin tan. Drinking exotic cocktails and show off our bikini perfect body.

"Do what?" All the time fell questions, which my father answered proudly.

Austria wasn't the worst, as looking at travel guides. We could assume that there will be many tourists' places for sightseeing, shops to window-shop, and beautiful places to visit. Austria wasn't that bad idea to travel for vacation, only if my father could shut up.

"To ski."

⋖≕≔ ✮ ⋄ ✮ ≕≔⋗

A/N: Hope you like this chapter

A/N: Hope you like this chapter. Jimin will show himself soon

I always wanted to write a story with an athlete!! BTS x sport is the best combo. It's sad that only on Tumblr you can find good sports stories (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')

-Madelinesworks❤️