Chapter 8

Ginny led the way into the store, and once they were inside, Hermione felt more overwhelmed than before. This was a lot of dresses, and she had no idea where to begin. She figured starting with the woman at the counter would do.

"Hello Ma'am, Draco Malfoy sent me here so that I could find a dress for his gala?"

"Yes, he said you would be coming. Follow me to the back. I pulled some things that would be suitable for that event."

"Thank you," Hermione felt relieved slightly that she wouldn't have to look through everything here. 

"Wow, these are amazing," Ginny looked at all the different dresses and smiled at Hermione. She was slightly jealous that Hermione was going to get all dressed up. 

"Which do you like, Gin?"

"I love them all, but it is not about what I like. It is about what you like."

"I have no idea what I like." Hermione looked through what seemed like dozens of dresses and pulled a few out to try on. They were all different styles, but she really didn't know what she was going to like. 

"Well, I guess I'll try these on Gin. I am going to need some honest opinions."

"Would you expect anything less from me?"

"Never," Hermione went into the dressing room and slipped into the first dress. It was silver and had jewels over the entire dress. The neck scooped, and there was a slit up one side. Hermione looked at herself and frowned. This was not her at all. 

"Let me see," Ginny called out from the other side of the dressing room. Hermione reluctantly made her way out to show her. Ginny could tell Hermione hated it, and she was glad because that dress was not for her. 

"No," Was all Hermione said before Ginny started laughing and Hermione went back in to try something else. 

She put on a red dress next

She put on a red dress next. It was tight still and also had a slit up the leg. The sleeves sat on her arms instead of her shoulders, which she didn't know if she liked. But all in all, she liked this dress more than the others so far.  She was interested to see what Ginny had to say because she wasn't sure what she liked about it. 

"What do you think?" Hermione said as she looked at herself in the mirror. In the reflection, she could see that Ginny had a frown on her face. 

"I don't think it is you, Hermione. It's pretty, but if you are going with Draco, you need something that is going to wow everybody."

"Why, Gin? We are going as friends."

"Still, you need to wow people."