01

***

"Kaycee, get up. it's already 6:30, you'll be late." Laura said pulling the covers off Kaycee and switching on the lights.

"Mom let me sleep, i still have 2 hours before school starts and switch off the
lights." Kaycee said in sleepy voice while pulling the covers back on her face.

"Now Kaycee, your Aunt Betty would be arriving in an hour with your cousin. you should be ready by then."
Laura said and left the room with lights still on.

"Argh... Aunt Betty, just great."
Kaycee grumbled while getting off her bed and went towards the bathroom to get ready.

Aunt Betty Cruz was a distant cousin of Kaycee's dad. She lives in (u guys put a place lol). She had always been giving Kaycee, tips about how she could improve and better her plain looks and curly hair.

She had always compared Kaycee with her blond daughter. Because of this Kaycee never thought very great of her Aunt.

Her Aunt was going to Australia with her husband for 6 months. Their event management company had got some important contracts in Australia.

So that means her daughter Francesca Cruz or for short just call her Chesca, Kaycee's cousin was going to stay with Kaycee's family and was going to attend school with Kaycee. Chesca was a blond, with bright blue eyes and long shining hair.

Chesca and Kaycee never got along well. Chesca had always tried to embarrass Kaycee in family get togethers. She had always made fun of her looks. When they were younger
Kaycee was hurt a lot by her remarks,
but while growing up she got used to it and learned to avoid them.

When they were kids Kaycee had to share her room with Chesca but now that was not the case. Kaycee's Mom knew they would kill each other
if they shared the room. So Chesca
was going to stay in another room, much to Kaycee's relief.

After taking a shower and brushing her teeth Kaycee made her way downstairs towards the open kitchen.
Aunt Betty and Chesca were already there. Two bags were there on the kitchen's floor.

"Morning Mom, Aunt Betty, Chesca," Kaycee said with a forced smile sitting on a chair in front of Chesca. She tooks some coffee and 2 pieces of toast in her plate and started eating.

While Kaycee finished her breakfast Laura asked Lisa, their house maid to take bags to Chesca's room. Chesca was already having her school bag with her.

Today was the first day of school and of the new term and Chesca who had already take admission was going
to go with Kaycee there.

"Have you got all your possessions Chesca?" Kaycee asked.

"Of course,"she said in a haughty tone, Kaycee rolled her eyes at her tone.

By the time Kaycee finished her
breakfast it was already 7:50. Their bus timing was 8:00. So Kaycee decided to leave for bus stop. It was going to take at least 5-8 minutes to reach there on foot.

"Ready to leave Chesca," she asked
in a bored tone.

"Where are we going?" Chesca asked flipping her hair over her shoulder and picking her bag.

"We are going to walk to bus stop and
take school bus from there." Kaycee said politely as Kaycee's Mom was still in the kitchen.

"What?" Chesca yelled, Kaycee raised her eyebrows at her tone.

"Ok," Chesca mumbled.

"See, wasn't that difficult." Kaycee said smirking which made Chesca
glare at her.