05

***

after sean stopped the car in front of the rice's house, kaycee quickly got out of the car and made her way to the front door. sean simply chuckled at her behavior.

'it's going to be an interesting evening' he thought smiling inwardly.

"sorry for her behavior. i'll take you inside." chesca said shyly, getting out of the car.

"no problem." ken said, as he too, got out of the car.

sean parked his car, where few other cars were parked, outside the house. he got out of the car and made his way towards, where chesca and ken were standing, waiting for him.

"let's go inside." ken said, chesca and sean nodded in agreement.

chesca led them inside, through the front door, which was already open. sean found the house, pretty big. it had some kind of, an old but elegant look to it and felt very cozy.

chesca led them to the living room, where laura was talking to someone on her phone. when she saw chesca coming in with ken and sean, she cut off the line.

"hello. i am laura rice and you must be sean." she said looking towards sean.

sean smiled and nodded "hello mrs. rice. i am sean and my best friend, ken san jose." he replied, gesturing towards ken.

"it's nice to meet you mrs. rice. i am sorry i came here, without any invitation." ken said uncertainly.

"don't feel sorry. it's a family time, you are most welcome here. now come on, quickly move to the backyard or the entire foodstuff would be finished. chesca, you take them to the backyard. I'll be there in a few minutes." laura said and hurried back to the kitchen.

chesca gestured sean and ken, to follow her.

"she looks really hot. doesn't she?" ken whispered to sean, gesturing towards chesca, who was walking in front of them.

"yeah," sean replied absentmidedly, looking around the house, as they made there way to the backyard. they reached to the backyard, which was already full with the people.

"wow. it's a very big family, almost beats my own." ken said with awe.

"yeah, but not all of them are rices. Some of them are katschs, Aunt laura's family before marriage." chesca said, giving a quick glance towards sean, who was looking around the backyard.

she was getting a bit frustrated. from the time when she met sean, he didn't show even a little bit interest on her.

"so sean, what do you think?" chesca said trying to catch his attention.

"huh...oh it's a very big backyard and the family. and chesca, thanks for bringing us here. if you don't mind I would like to go and meet my parents." sean said amiably, giving her a charming smile.

"y...yeah sure," chesca said, looking flushed.

sean nodded and looked around for his parents.

"c'mon ken," sean said, as he noticed his parents, sitting on a table and talking to a man.

***

miya saw sean and ken, coming towards them and got up from her seat, to greet them.

"sean," miya said, acknowledging his presence.

"mom, dad, merry christmas." sean said with a genuine smile, as he reached to the table and hugged his mom.

"same to you sean." cheuk said with delight, as he too, stood up, to greet his son.

"how are you ken and rest of your family?" he asked his son's best friend.