Twenty

'Madam Puddifoot's'

Lori had spent many evenings with Cedric in the Library over the past few weeks, with her feet in his lap and a bunch of books on the table

Lori had spent many evenings with Cedric in the Library over the past few weeks, with her feet in his lap and a bunch of books on the table. O.W.L. exams were fast approaching and many fifth and seventh years were found in weird places, sleep deprived and starving, trying to cram for their subjects.

History of Magic and Astronomy were the two exams Lori was dreading the most, she wasn't good at remembering facts about all the different planets and all the numerous Giant Wars. Her talents lay with Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions and Transfiguration.

She had had her compulsory careers meeting with Professor McGongall, revealing she was on track to become an Auror with her grades.

Cedric flipped through some of her flashcards, "What year was the Soap Blizzard?"

"1378."

He smiled, flipping the flashcard and nodding before placing a kiss to her cheek - the reward for every time she got a question right, "What year was the Gargoyle Strike?"

Lori wracked her brain, trying to cast her mind back to Binn's lecture on the subject, "1913?"

The flashcard flipped, "Ooh, 1911."

She groaned, leaning back against the wall and sliding her feet off his lap, "I'm never going to remember all these dates! I've got 5 right out of 23!"

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her into his chest and pressing a kiss to the top of her head, "You're stressing yourself out."

"It's not like I've got exams or something." she quipped.

Cedric rested his head on top of hers, rubbing her back, "I've had an idea as to how I can get you to chill out."

She pulled away from him, looking up at him with confusion on her features, "What?"

He smiled, biting his lip as his cheeks tinged pink, "Would you go on a date with me?"

*

A week later, Cedric and Lori were walking hand in hand through Hogsmeade, leaving all her worries about the exams at the castle. They had walked past The Three Broomsticks and The Hog's Head.

"Please tell me we're not going to the Shrieking Shack?"

Cedric laughed, "I was going to take you to Puddifoot's. It's a small cafe on the edge of the village and it's really quiet, just what you need for a break from studying."

Lori stretched up to kiss him on the cheeks as they reached the cafe and went inside. They were greeted by a smiling lady, who Lori assumed to be Madam Puddifoot, as she led them to a small table at the back.