CHAPTER ONE ━━ the waiting game

☆⌒*.━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⌒*.
CHAPTER ONE ━━ THE WAITING GAME
' hiding in the shadows '

CHAPTER ONE ━━ THE WAITING GAME' hiding in the shadows '

( act one )
☆⌒*.━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⌒*.

FOR A CHILD OF APOLLO, Astraea did like the dark shadows. They were nice to sit in after a long day in the sun, a cool relief over your sweaty body. The way your skin slowly goes from hot, hot, hot to cool. Her favorite moment was sitting in the shade of a tree after a long day of training.

But this time, that wasn't the reason she was standing in the shadows by the beach. No, instead she was standing to spy, to watch. Like Death watching their next client to be taken to Hades.

She felt cold, in the shadows on this chilly night- as a child of the sun it was her nature, her instinct, to stay in the light and never hide. The Apollo children were mostly seen out in the heating sun because they didn't feel it, if anything the glare of the sun made them stronger, happier. Maybe it was just because, maybe its their dad saying hello.

But Astraea had a job to do, so she stood silently in the woods as she watched him.

Him being Percy Jackson, average height (though shorter than her 5'4" stature,) dark hair that she could never tell if it was wavy or curly, tan skin, and an intimidating ass neutral face. Seriously, Astraea always felt like he was going to fight a tree with that face.

Stormy, unfocused yet so sharp, a mess of blues and greens that were so dark and swirling, you could never tell what he was thinking, just that it seemed something bad. And Astraea only knew this because he was her mission, her quest, her target. Not because he was interesting.

Yeah. Not because he's interesting.

Astraea's attention is snapped away from her thoughts of Percy to the actual boy when she sees a man besides him. Odd, since she didn't hear footsteps and she would've- Astraea prided herself on her observational skills. She narrows her eyes and carefully steps closer making sure to keep hidden.

She listens to the conversation, almost rolling her eyes at Percy for just casually letting the man sit down. But if he was smart like she was he probably realized he wasn't mortal, still though who just chills with a random dude?

"—Luke's father, Hermes."

Astraea did not gasp quietly, totally not. But she did step closer, even more quietly than before and listened closer.

The conversation is full of the two snakes on Hermes' staff arguing and Hermes explaining different things he gives to Percy. She almost scoffs, yeah he couldn't do this with Luke but does it with the great hero. Right.

Soon enough, Hermes is up and Percy seems confused as hell (then again he normally is.) As he jogs away, the god shifts his head slightly and stares right at Astraea. Her eyes widen and before she could do anything, whatever that would be, his eyes twinkle and makes a smooth shushing motion.