1.6

Stormella

I laid there, pretending to sleep.

The second I heard that sliding door open I closed my eyes.

I barley slept the night before. I was disgusted with what had happened last night with Ashton. I know Luke and I weren't ever a thing but he and Ashton were best friends and he's trying to help himself. Me showing up and fooling around with his best friend is scummy.

I heard the sound of a cabinet. I slightly opened one eye, peeking to see who was awake.

I immediately recognized Luke.

He still made my stomach do flips.

I hated that.

I kept an eye on him as he turned towards me. He stared at me.

For a second I almost thought he might've noticed I could see him. He sat down though, at the table. His eyes stayed on me and it made me want to get up and run off.

Eventually he pulled out his phone and focused on it instead.

I took this opportunity to get in a more comfortable position.

Luke

It didn't take long for me to realize that Stormella was awake.

About ten minutes after I sat down, she had moved a total of three times. Most people don't move that much while sleeping.

And before you say anything, we've obviously slept in the same bed before. I know how she sleeps.

Something about it bothered me though.

Why would she pretend to sleep? Why cant she just try to have a normal conversation with me? I get that I was an asshole but she can still talk to me a little.

I opened my big dumb mouth.

"I know you're awake."

There was silence.

I watched her, she stiffened ever so slightly at my words.

More silence.

Seriously?

"Sorry. I didn't sleep much, I was trying to see if I could fall back asleep." She said with a sleep filled voice.

I smacked myself mentally.

I should have known.

"Oh, sorry." I said, feeling embarrassed.

Then she sat up a little and I couldn't ignore how nervous I felt.

"It's fine, I was gonna get up soon anyways.

Silence filled the empty spaces again.

Our eyes locked on one another, her gaze was guarded but wanted to be welcoming. I could tell by how she kept furrowing and unfurrowing her brows slightly.

"So how are you Luke?"

Something about the way she said my name made me want to go back to a year and a half ago, only for her.

Maybe she had changed more than I thought? Her skin was just a little more tan than usual, and she had a purple stripe in her hair.

I did not miss the fact that she was wearing Ashtons crew shirt. I ignored the feeling it provoked in me though.

"I'm fine." 

She looked bored from my answer.

"Just fine?" She paused and looked unsure but continued after a moment. "How are you really? You know what I mean."