Twenty Two

'The Return of Lord Voldemort'

Cheers erupted as Harry and Cedric appeared in front of them, their hands wrapped around the handles of the Triwizard Cup

Cheers erupted as Harry and Cedric appeared in front of them, their hands wrapped around the handles of the Triwizard Cup. Lori and the rest of the crowd standing to their feet.

She knew instantly that something was wrong: Harry was sobbing, Cedric unmoving as their friends and family descended onto them. Lori ran over to them both, shoving people out of the way.

"What's happened?" she asked, Cedric slowly sat up, silent tears streaming down his face as he pulled her straight into his arm. The cheers faded into darkness, the band silencing.

"He's back! He's back!" Harry cried, "Voldemort's back!"

Moody's hand wrapped around Harry, Cedric and Lori, dragging the three of them along with him as he loped away, "I got you, it's all right."

He gently led the three of them into his quarters and shutting the door behind him, getting them all chairs to sit on, looking to Cedric and Harry, "Are you both all right?"

Lori's hand wrapped with Cedric's, squeezing it lightly. She hadn't even noticed the large cuts that ran across Harry's face and arm.

"Does it hurt?" Moody asked, "That?"

Harry shook his head, still in shock, "Not so much now."

"Perhaps I'd better take a look at it."

Cedric finally spoke, his voice croaky and shaking, "The Cup was a Portkey. Someone had bewitched it."

"What was it like?" Moody asked, after examining the wound on Harry's arm, "What was he like?"

"Who?"

"The Dark Lord." he grinned malevolent, putting some pressure oh the wound before standing, "What was it like to stand in his presence?"

"I don't know." Moody grunted in response, "It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. Into one of my nightmares."

Moody took a drink from his hip flask, only to find it empty. Lori used the hand that wasn't laced with Cedric's to run Harry's shoulder.

Moody ran to a chest, groaning when he only pulled up empty bottles, "Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?"

Lori's eyes snapped to Moody as she stood, her hands falling from Harry and Cedric, "Harry never said anything about a graveyard."

Moody leered at her, his voice mocking Hagrid's, "Marvellous creatures, dragons, aren't they? Do you think that miserable oaf would've led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it?"