•chapter twenty five•

treehouse

Make it my mission to figure out my emotions before talking to him again.

I mean if I HYPOTHETICALLY liked him.. which ew! I mean what? Me? No! NEVER.... well.

I need to clear my head and understand these annoying and embarrassing thoughts.

After school, I made a b-line straight to my tree house.

"What is wrong with me?" I complain to Mochi.

Mochi followed me into the treehouse. I mean I had to carry her up the ladder, but apart from that she followed me.

Mochi meows in response. What a good listener.

"I mean Grey is a butthead! But this weird thing happens at lunch... listen to this!" I come closer to her. "I looked at him, differently. I don't really know why, but his eyes just glowed Mochi. And the jawline. The jawline." I repeat because the jawline deserves the attention.

"I bet he could use it as a knife! I mean it's sharp!" I jutted out my jaw in envy.

Mochi purrs as I scratch her neck. (her spot)

"But his attitude is so demanding! It's really something." I argue.

An acorn falls down, most likely a squirrel. That catches Mochi's attention and she springs off me and onto the built in slide. She slides down like the secret agent she is and runs after the noise. I think she secretly has the mindset of a dog. She acts like Oliver sometimes. Oliver is basically my dad's dog, but Michu spends a lot of time with him while I'm gone.

"demanding?" I hear a deep voice question.

I peek out a little through a window, and see Grey standing there. He looks up with his hands in his pockets and small knowing look on his face.

A blush spreads throughout my cheeks and I wonder just how long he's been there!

"How, how long have you been there?" I stutter.

"Hm, just the part where you thought 'I was really something'." He mocks.

I hide in the tree house and when I peek back up he's still there.

"Can I come in your treehouse." He smirks.

"I don't know. You're pretty big, you might break it." I quip back quickly. "yes." I say meekly after absolutely roasting him.

He grips the rope and I can't help but to look at his biceps flex as he moves up the ladder.

"This is yours?" He looks around.

"yup." I squeak, still embarrassed.

He stares up at the celling I painted on. It's a galaxy. I was obsessed with those in ninth grade.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, comply avoiding eye contact.

"I was walking around when I saw your tree house."

"hmm." I hum in an acknowledgeable tone.

"So what was that about me being really something?" He presses.

"That wasn't for your ears to hear. It was for Mochi's." I blush.

"Well, I heard." He says softly, causing goosebumps to cover my arms.

"You're annoying." I roll my eyes.

He leans back relaxed and takes me in with his eyes roaming me.

"What!?" I say after a moment of him just looking me up and down.

"nothing." He swiftly averts his eyes.

"You know not many people like it up here." I say randomly.

"I like it." Grey says catching my attention.

"Me too." I smile at him.

He leans closer to me and moves a strand of hair that was falling over my face.

"Can I kiss you." He looks directly at my lips.

Is this really going to happen? He's not playing with me! He's not going to joke around? He looks serious.

I nod slowly and that's all that he needs.

He grabs the sides of my head with his big hands and cradles my head. My hands go up to his hair subconsciously and I feel his silky soft hair.

He press his lips against mine firmly at first but then goes soft.

I respond and he moves his hands to my hair. He tugs a bit causing me to gasp slightly.

He takes that to his advantage and slips a tongue in.

••••

what the hell did i write... 🤨

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞