Seventy Six

With everyone focused on their own priorities, Elly having basketball practice, Benjamin working on his S.T.E.M competition, Noah helping Mateo feel at home and Lucas getting to know Tatiyana, Gabi began to feel left out.

Since Elly and Jazmyne have practice at the same time, they usually walked with each other after school.

Elly and Jazmyne were both laughing at a joke that Elly made.

Gabi smiles and walks over, "Hey. You guys wanna get some food since schools over? I'll pay?"

Elly shakes her head, "I'd love to but I got to practice".

Gabi shrugs, "You?"

Jazmyne frowns, "I'm sorry, Gabi. We have practice too...Maybe another time?"

Gabi nods and shrugs, "Of course".

Elly pats her arm, "Don't stress, man. We're all gonna hang out Friday. This week is just fucking hectic".

KZ walks out, "Elly. Get your ass over here".

Elly nods and kisses Jazmyne once. "I'll see you after practice. Have fun. Bye Gabi".

Jazmyne smiles, letting go of Elly's hand. Jazmyne turns to Gabi, smiling. "We can totally get lunch and hang out one day, okay?"

Gabi smiles and nods, "Okay. Have fun at practice". She sees as Jazmyne walks off, meeting up with Jade and Tatiyana since they were also cheerleaders.

Gabi sighs and walks to her car, getting in the driver's seat and calling Benjamin.

Benjamin was at home with Amira as they took their robot home to work on. Benjamin grabs the screwdriver, shaking his head.

"Fuck. Who put the wires in like this. Mr.Clark literally said the exterior doesn't need shit hanging off it".

Amira hums, "We can run it through the inside?"

Benjamin nods and feels his phone start vibrating. He grabs it, swiping to answer it, "Hello?"

Gabi smiles, "Hey, Benny. You wanna go out to eat? I'll pay".

Benjamin watches as Amira fixes the error and shakes his head. "I'd love to but I'm extremely busy right now. We have to turn the robot in by Friday for examination from Mr.Clark and someone totally like fucked-".

"It's okay. You don't have to explain yourself".

Benjamin frowns, "I mean, you could come over? See how it all works and stuff".

"No, it's okay. I'm just gonna go home and do some homework. Talk later".

"O-Okay". Gabi hangs up and phone and Benjamin rolls his eyes, looking back down at their robot.

Ms.Evans walks in, smiling. "Oh wow. Look at this. What's it supposed to do?"

Amira smiles, "We programmed it to be able to go through different obstacles. For instance, it will be able to detect if there's something trying to block it".

Benjamin smiles and nods. Ms.Evans smiles and nods, "Very cool. Amira will you be staying for dinner?"

Amira shakes her head, "I can't. Parents want me home for dinner".

"Okay, well let me not distract you two".

Ms.Evans walks by, kissing Benjamin on the cheek, "So smart".

Benjamin smiles, "Thanks mom".

**
Noah grabs a box of Mateo's things to bring downstairs. There was an extra room in the basement that Mateo was moving into.

Noah groans, "And I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if something really is going on with him".

Mateo nods and sets a box down, "Have you asked him?"

Noah nods and sits on Mateo's bed, "Yeah. And it's the same answer every time...It's always 'i'm okay' or 'nothings wrong' but there's something off about him".

"I mean, he seems a little sluggish these days but, he has been working really hard with that class he's taking".

"Stem? I know but...I don't know..I feel like I know him enough to know something is wrong".

Mateo nods and walks over to him, "Don't worry. I'm sure when he's ready to tell you he will. Maybe he's just scared. Just don't pressure him".

"But what if he's hurting himself? Or feeling bad about himself? I hate that so much. Just the idea of him in pain when I could help".

"Look, Noah, I get that you're in love and what not but...Isn't he kinda accountable for himself? I'm not saying you can't help but you also can't force him to do anything, you know?"

"Isn't that incredibly selfish, though?"

"I mean I don't think so. I just think he needs time. Maybe to collect and process his thoughts I mean, from what you've told me these last few months have been a lot for him. It's not easy to recover from shit like that".

Noah nods, "I know. And that's another thing. Everyone is always telling him he needs to just get over it and maybe that's why he's pushing away his feelings".

Mr.Martinez walks downstairs to check on the boys. He smiles, "Hey. How's it going? You like it down here?"

Mateo nods and smiles, "I do. Thank you".

"Noah, mama wants you. She's in the kitchen".

**
Benjamin grabs his bag, now that Amira was gone and he finished dinner. He grabs the pill bottle, seeing he only had two pills left.

"Fuck".

Benjamin shakes his head and sets the back in his bag. He gets up, walking downstairs to the pill cabinet to see if there were any more left.

He rummages through the cabinet when his mom walks in. "Babe? What are you doing?"

Benjamin turns around, "Uh, nothing. I just need pain killers I have a massive headache".

Ms.Evans nods, walking into her room to grab the pain killers off her bedside table. "Here, honey. Sorry I didn't put them back".

Benjamin nods and smiles, "Thanks".

He walks back up to his room, shutting the door. He shakes his head, sighing loudly. "Fuck...Fuck fuck fuck".

He then starts walking around his room, trying to calm himself down. He shakes his head again and lays down on his bed, beginning to softly cry.

**