First Day On The Job

Hermione

Yesterday after my mix-up with Jeremy, Charlie showed me around and let me know everything that id be doing. When he was done giving me my tour we had a quiet night in the apartment. We slept in his bed again.

When I woke up that morning I felt strong arms around my waist and a light blow of air on my neck. Charlie's nose was against my neck and he was holding onto me tightly.

He started to stir a few minutes later and we both got up, getting ready for the day. When we both got out the door the sun was just rising. It was only 6am and we were up to feed the dragons.

We walked to the first dragons cage and inside was a Hungarian Horntail. She was a beautiful animal, with blue-y gray color and black scales littering her body.

"Abby is the most violent dragon at the reserve, she doesnt let anyone near her. She's injured almost everyone here, even ive had my fair share of injuries from her." Charlie informed me.

"She seems friendly to me."

"Its almost this little facade she puts on and then she attacks."

"Maybe shes just missunderstood. She probably is trying to tell you something. How long have you had her for?"

"Only two months."

"She might just not like new people. She probably needs to get used to you."

Charlie furrowed his brow at me.

"Hmm, ive been working with dragons for four years and ive been studying them since I learned how to read, ive never come up with that conclusion."

"Maybe you just need a woman's touch."

We shared a laugh and got started to feed the dragons, leaving abby for last.

●●●●●

When we finally got back to Abby's cage, the men were all surrounded near the cage looking at the commotion inside. I pushed my way to the front and saw Abby, only she wasnt alone. She had three baby Hungarian Horntails in there with her and they looked just like Abby.

Unfortunately, Jeremy failed to notice the baby Horntails and walked in, trying to feed Abby. When Abby spotted Jeremy, she became defensive and started to blow fire his way. He found a rock to hide behind, but it wouldnt be good enough for long.

I pushed my way to the enterance of the cage and went inside.

"Hermione! What the fuck do you think your doing? Get back out here now!"

"Shut up Charlie! Im a big girl, I can handle myself!" Charlie immediately clamped his mouth shut and watched me with wide eyes.

"Abby, its okay girl, your okay. No one here is gunna harm you or your babies." Abby looked at me with curiosity.

"Jeremy get out of there now!" I heard Charlie whisper yell to Jeremy.

Abby looked at Charlie with angry eyes. I dont know how I could tell, it was just there, it was like reading a book.

"Hey, Abby, its okay, dont worry about him. Hes not going to hurt you." I soke gently to her again. It seemed to work because she bent her head down and sniffed me. She seemed to like me because some of the fire in her eyes went out. She calmed down and lay down in front of me. She allowed her babies to come and see me and she gave me the privilege to pet them and see them up close.

After a few minutes, I thought it would be okay to leave and it was. Abby let me leave with no problems and Charlie met me at the gate. He hugged me immediately.

"Oh my god Hermione, you just about gave me a heart attack. I cant beleive you went in there and did that!"

"Relax Charlie, im fine!"

"She could have killed you!"

"But she didnt, and Jeremy got out just fine as well. Were both okay and I managed to reach out to Abby."

"Your absolutely amazing Hermione." I blushed and looked down at my feet.

"Thankyou Charlie."

"Anytime Mione."