MTM.31

curiosity bit the wolf

My fingers gently tapped at my raw lips, feeling the heat radiating off of them, and the new swollen size.

The pile of clothes were thrown on the floor, discarded the same way any apprehension that I had was tossed out the window. I had kicked and flung down tops and bottoms until I could comfortably lay flat on my back. I watched the ceiling as if it was interesting—to be truthful, though, it's nowhere near boring—and, reminisced about what had just happened to me.

The fabrics tightly surrounding my form almost submerged me as Morpheus pressed his body against mine, his head tilted to the side as he leaned in further, and then finally he captured my lips in what felt like a moment that was created from pure imagination.

Morpheus took the opportunity to grab both sides of my waist with his strong hands, gripping and squeezing my hips in the process as he easily lifted me farther up the bed. My legs automatically shoved off everything that was under me, thin straps had even wrapped themselves around my ankles, and the heels of my feet were getting caught on the pant legs of jeans.

Morpheus took a hand off of me, and taking a guilty peek, I noticed that he was throwing clothes off as fast as he could with one hand, while the other held tight onto me. As if I was going to disappear if he let go.

Oh, sugar! Oh, sugar! Oh, sugar!

Naturally, my hands had no other job than to wander. Up his shirt. On his face. Everywhere. The warmth of his lips was inviting, and the longer it lasted, the more I was starting to feel like it was a dream.

But, the way his fingers curled around mine told me otherwise.

I did everything but jump when I felt a sharp sting nip at my lower lip, and I pulled away, gasping for air. How does he expect me to breathe? Can he breathe? That, however, gave him the perfect amount of time to run his lips down my neck. My emotions went wild, smashing against my heart, my brain, and even my precious lungs.

The mate bond had took me and shook me.

Before I knew it, I was obsessed. With the sparks. With the emotions. With the heat. With the feelings. With the bond.

With having a mate.

"Oh, hello, Miss Luna!"

My smile dropped, and the temperature soared, which was strange considering I was still wearing that measly, basically covering nothing, a little too short for comfort robe. I took hold of the collar and plucked at it several times. Is it hot in here?

"Annora?" I sat up, aiming towards the delicate sound of her sound, and I caught her eyes in my gaze.

"Yes, Miss Luna?" Annora asked, only just entering the room. She gently shut the door behind her, and with no struggle at all, she still was able to hold the tray on the palm of her hand. There was no tipping of the teapot, and the tall stand of treats had not once moved, everything was still.

I watched her, impressed, and tilted forward over my legs to get a better look as I questioned with a lick of my lips, "What do you have there?"

"Well, I made up a nice pot of herbal tea. And, for a little snack, with the help of the kitchen workers, I whipped up some cucumber sandwiches, prosciutto sandwiches, and spinach puffs! I figured that we could organize the room and chat while the Alpha is gone off for an important meeting, how does that sound, Miss Luna?"