Chapter 11

I sat in my room crying for I don't know how long. I knew I hurt myself, but I couldn't control my emotions. I was all over the place and I knew it. When I was finally able to calm down, I showered and changed into my pajamas. I didn't eat much at dinner, but I was too afraid to go back down. After about an hour, there was a knock on my door. I didn't answer, but the door opened anyway. Jax walked in with the sonogram pictures in his hand. He sat on the edge of my bed with a sigh.

"You went to a doctor's appointment without me?" He asked calmly. I sighed before sitting up.

"You've been busy lately, and I already made you miss work a lot. On top of that, I wanted to do something creative to surprise you. I gues I got too excited. It was stupid, I know," I replied quietly. Jax faces me as he pat my leg.

"It wasn't stupid. I think it was really thoughtful. I'm sorry... about how dinner ended up. I didn't know they were coming," he apologized. I shook my head with a breath. Just thinking about it made me want to cry again.

"You shouldn't be. Nothing they said was wrong. I'm just a surrogate... and this isn't my child," I said as my eyes stung.

"I was the one who made the mistake of forgetting my purpose," I added.

"Amina... I honestly don't know what to say to make you feel better," he said truthfully. Comforting people wasn't one of Jax's strong suits; I already knew that, but the fact that he even tried, helped a bit. I smiled lightly and tried to push my own feelings down.

"It's okay. I'm okay," I lied. He sighed before looking at the sonogram pictures in his lap. His hand fell away from my leg.

"My parents are allowing Siobhan to move in. I tried to stop them, but if you haven't been able to tell, I don't really get a say in what happens in my life. She works at her father's company so hopefully you won't be alone with her often. I don't except her to do anything to you while you're pregnant, but just in case, stay close to Esther," he warned.

Great, a whole new set of problems.

"I think it's safe to say that she doesn't like me very much. I would explain the whole... "one heir" thing to her. I don't think she really understands how important this baby is to you," I added for his sake. Jax nodded.

"If you're still hungry, I left a plate for you with Esther in the kitchen. I know you didn't eat much. Plus, everyone left for tonight," he said as a last minute thought.

"Thanks," I muttered quietly. Jax sighed as he stood.

"Eat something, then get some rest," he said before leaving my room. I sighed before deciding to just sleep. The nausea surely wouldn't let me eat in peace anyway.

***

The next morning, Siobhan arrived bright and early to move in. I was awaken by the sound of her dragging things up and down the hallway. I yawned as I exited my room. Siobhan stopped with her suitcase in her hand as we came face to face. She smirked before setting her luggage upright on its wheels.

"Oh perfect, the surrogate. Can you take this to my new room?" She asked, motioning to her luggage. I sighed tiredly. It was too early for this mess.

"I do have a name, and no, I'm not apart of the staff here. You can take your own luggage," I responded before taking a step away from her. She held me back by my arm, making me face her again.

"Actually, you are an employee. Your job is just very specific. As far as your name goes... I don't remember, and I don't care. You won't be around long anyway," she said before letting go of me and heading to her room. I felt a wave of nausea hit me and rushed to the nearest bathroom. Something told me that my symptoms would only get worse with Siobhan wreaking havoc in the house. After emptying my already empty stomach, I went down to the kitchen for breakfast. I sat at the table before resting my head against the cool surface and wrapping my arms around my stomach. It was a moment before I felt a hand on my back.

"Min, are you okay?" Jax asked. I took a breath before sitting up and looking at him with a weak smile.

"I'm fine. The morning sickness just got to me early today," I answered. Jax was already dressed for work, holding his tie in his hand. I stood and took it from him before tying it around his neck.

"I like this suit," I said absentmindedly before sitting back down. Jax sat next to me as Esther put breakfast on the table. We were quiet as we began eating. Siobhan joined us not too long after, making the whole situation awkward.

"Before I leave, let me lay down the ground rules. One, my employees are mine, not yours Siobhan. They technically don't have to do what you say, especially if they know it directly conflicts with what I say. Two, you're only here because my parents allowed it, don't push your luck. And three, if Amina loses the baby because of you, the engagement is off. I don't care if you don't like her, you'll just have to deal with it," Jax said once he finished his food. I glanced at him before looking to Siobhan. She was pissed, but she hid it well.

"I took the day off to move in. I don't suppose you plan on helping?" Siobhan asked him. Jax took a breath before he stood and straightened his tie.

"I'll be back after work," he said to me before leaving. We were left sitting there as an awkward tension hung in the air. I stood with my plate as soon as I finished eating.

"Just because I can't mess with the baby, doesn't mean I can't mess with you," Siobhan said without looking up from her plate. I decided to let it go as I took my plate to the sink and went to take my prenatal vitamin.