048

Crouching at the door

The hybrids scurry away into the darkest corner as the door opens with a small slit of light, the guards' heavy footsteps echoing as they step into the room.

"Psst." Soobin gently calls out trying to get the detective's attention but they don't even notice.

"Quiet!" One of the guards says kicking a cage, making the hybrids tremble in fear.

"What are our orders sir?" Another guard asks.

"Bring out the girl for observation." The first guard instructs, looking over at the rest of the cages as his partner gets to work.

"What about him?"

"Bring him along as well. I'm sure they can do something with him too." He adds in an annoyed tone, clicking his tongue when his partner is taking too long.

"Um sir."

"What is it?" He snaps.

"They don't look so good." The second guard says carrying the girl like she weighs nothing.

The first guard bends down and curses under his breath as he looks at them. "We may have overdone it." The man says with a sigh. "Call the medical team right away."

"Hurry. Being here is giving me the creeps." He adds, eyeing the cages out of the corner of his eyes.

The man does as instructed and comes back with a wheelchair, placing the male detective on the chair while he carries the girl.

As the guard turns around, Soobin presses his head against the bars, his hands tightly gripping the metal as he watches the detectives get taken away, hoping he could somehow help them.

At the other end of the facility, the medical team greets the guards as they escort the detectives, the door hissing behind them as they enter the room. The medics quickly getting to work, setting up different machines and wires around them.

"Any specific instructions sir?" One of the medics asks.

"Keep them under observation and question them as soon as they are up." He says before he walks away.

"Yes sir."

🐾🐾🐾

Namjoon groans as he opens his eyes, his muscles sore as he shifts on a bed, his body bolting up at the unfamiliar material underneath him, immediately regretting it when his body throbs sending a wave of pain.

What happened? He wonders slowly laying back down, his brows drawn together as he scans the new unfamiliar environment.

The new room was filled with the smell of antiseptics and chemicals, the room dark with low light emitting from various machines. Still, the detective could tell that they were in some sort of medical room, but definitely still in the same facility.

Namjoon's heartbeat accelerates as he starts looking for the girl, letting out a relieved sigh when he pulls the curtain next to him and finds her sleeping.

He wasn't sure why, but somehow he got the feeling that they had let their guard down by leaving them unattended, though more than likely, they were watching their every move from another room.

"E-EunMin?" Namjoon hesitantly calls with a cough, moving his bed closer to hers as she shifts onto her side to look at him. "How are you feeling?"