chapter 6

The next day, the first thing we did was go home-decor shopping. We decided to go to Target. Conrad said he  wanted to make our bedroom vintage-flower-thingy (I hope he knows what that means).

Our bedroom was quiet big. Bigger than his bedroom at Cousins. We already had a king size bed, so we didn't need to order one.

The first thing I decided to look up at Target were vases. Conrad kept calling them flower holders which was pretty annoying.

He wanted to get large sized vases . We found a very pretty aqua-blueish vase with little shells around it's rim. It was very pretty and vintage. Then I finally understood what Conrad meant by his 'theme'.

We took two of those vases, one for my vanity and one for his study desk(we had decided to get them but we still had to choose which one to get). We decided to get peonies to put in the vases as they were Susannah's favorite flowers.

When we went to the desk sections , Conrad found one instantly. It was a big desk with 5 drawers on each side. It was made of some wood called Mahogany. It looked very vintage. It was off-white in colour.

Next we went to the vanity section. I found a simple vanity with an ovular mirror in the centre. It also had a huge slide drawer underneath it. It was also white.

We picked up a big rectangular mirror to place in our room. Conrad suggested we buy vanity lights. They were like tiny bulbs with stick-ons at the bottom. Very neat.

We also bought shell garlands to hang at the back of our bed. Our walls were baby blue in colour so all this was just perfect. We also bought some canvas painting's with quotes on them.

My favorite one was "Old ways don't open new doors" and Conrad really liked the "Don't Quit" one with lines in the middle on NT and QU so that it said "Do IT" at the same time .

We were done when Conrad noticed we forget table lamps. He bought a regular cream coloured one and I bought a jar one with a glowing bulb in the middle. Vintage.

Then Conrad bought wall lights. They looked more like light garlands to me. They were pretty. He said he knew just the right place to put them.
We didn't buy any stuff for the house.

We only bought it for our bedroom. Next week, our families were gonna come visit us for a little weekend- get- together. We were all gonna go shopping together for the house .

When we went home, we quickly put on the lights  we bought and the shell garlands.  The big stuff was gonna be delivered around four. It was 2'o clock now. We just fixed up a tuna sandwich. Not really hungry. Again.
When the stuff came in they helped us take it upstairs and place it where we wanted. Everything thing was done by seven.

When they left I went in this deep thought that this was our world now. Mine and Conrad's. The rest of our life ,we were gonna live here.
The room turned out to be more beachy than vintage but it was perfect.

When I and Conrad were talking we both realised that we tried to get Cousins back in New York. It was the truth actually. Everything reminded me of Cousins. The shells , the vases, my vanity. Everything.

I believed for a second that life actually isn't that difficult. We just assumed to think it was. We always saw it in that perspective. Now it just felt like I was on top of a cloud , living my dream. Conrad. The only boy I ever loved. My first crush. I didn't want my love to fade away one day like an old scar. I wanted it to burn forever.

QOD~ which book did you like most from the summer I turned pretty series?

Don't forget to vote and comment:-)