Chapter 17

Cole's POV

"Are you okay? " Rika asked for the 7th time as I fell in daze once again while staring at my feet soaked in the warm water with herbs.

I forced a smile as I looked up to meet her eyes filled with worries.

It's been three days since the wedding and I've been sleeping in Arias's chamber as requested, but thankfully, he haven't laid a finger on me yet.

Yet, but I have feeling that tonight, I'll be needing to offer myself to his liking. I clenched my fist before running my hand across my tummy.

As he promised, Arias will be sharing the information he found tonight about me. I am worried, that I'll be paying it off with my body.

Will it not harm the child? I asked as I worriedly stared at my tummy.

"Cole? " Rika called out and I immediately looked up to her. She was staring at me confused and I swallowed hard. "Is there something wrong with your stomach? " She asked as she walk towards me.

I immediately shook my head before smiling.

"Rika, I have a question. " Her ears perked up for some reason and I found that amusing. "In what month will others be able to smell the child within a woman's womb? " I asked and she stared at me, suspiciously but choose not to say anything.

"I am not sure, a month after my mother got pregnant this year, she had informed us about it already so I always looked forward for the child that I did not notice when I sense its smell. " She said and my lips formed a thin line. "But it depends I believe, the child's scent is stronger if it's in a wolf form which is very rare, this was mostly Alpha's child. If the child is in human, their scents are quite difficult to distinguish from their mother's scent. "

I nodded at that. That is very helpful. Then I should pray that this child is in his human, but Austin is a dominant Alpha male...

Now I am worried.

If only I can find the book. It suddenly gone missing in my cabin and Rika said she did not find any books at all. I clenched my fist.

If someone finds out that I am reading that kind of book, what excuse should I say? The Alpha might even accused me learning to harm the child that the woman will carry...

Then, I should know who's the culprit is before that happens. I should worry not as well, Arias will protect me I believe.

That man wants me. I bit my lower lip.

He's my only way out and I should use him well. I need to satisfy him so he won't change his mind.

He is serious about me...

"The months of laboring is also depends on what form they are in, as far as I know it only takes 4-5 months if it is in a wolf form and 7-9 months if it's in human. " She added and my eyes widen at that.

Wait...

I stared at my toes as I think of it. There's a huge gap in either forms... I got pregnant with Austin in less than a month and if I sleep with Arias now...

Then everyone might question who the father is, but only few knows about me and Austin. And I can just-

"Cole? " Rika called worriedly and I immediately forced a smile at her. "Are you okay? " She asked once again and I nodded.

I should grab that opportunity to save myself. To save this child...

"Cole... " Rika trailed off. She must really worried.