5: Good morning(?)

Later that night, you were making preparations for bedtime.

Spinel might have been rude about it,, but she was right about one thing; You didn't need to sleep. But it felt nice just to do it. It was refreshing and the occasional dream makes it almost fun. Besides, no one was out to play with when the sun sank into the sea. Who would? So dark and dreary... especially with the 'new moon' that comes around. You shuddered as you stared out your front window, fiddling your hands.

That was when you heard a soft noise behind you.

Instinctive, you glanced over at spinel, who was still silently laying on her side. You slowly approach her, making sure the squeak of your shoes were at a minimal volume, and leaned forward once you were close enough.

From there... you could almost swear you heard... light snoring..? Is... she actually...? You tiptoed closer and stood on your tippy toes, stretching your neck slightly to get a glimpse of her face... and low and behold... She was actually sleeping.

And she looked so... peaceful at the moment. more peaceful and relaxed than she probably ever was for the last 6,000 years.

She was murmuring and shifting slightly in her sleep, which must have been the source of the sound that was made. But what really got you... was the occasional ghost of a smile that would peak her lips. Wonder what she's dreaming about... Slowly, you knelt beside her, and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Don't you worry, ms. spinel," you whispered softly. "You'll be happy again. I promise you. You'll be more happy than you were with Pink Diamond." You rub her arm softly as you shut your eyes, finishing your sentence in a hushed whisper.

"Because... everyone deserves to he happiness."
~~~~~~~~~

Next morning, you awake to the sun's beams lightening your face. You slowly sit up and the sleep out of rub your eyes, letting a small yawn escape your mouth. After which, a small smile creeps across your face. A brand new day... You get out of bed and and stretch your legs before walking to ledge of your loft and peering down over the edge of it. An excited smile curled your lips at the sight of spinel still present on the couch, sprawled out across it, mouth opened in semi-loud snores.

Not only is she still here... but she's still SLEEPING! That's a big step forward!

you silently clapped your hands together, smiling giddily.

Now... for phase 2....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spinel's nose twitched as a sweet scent suddenly caught it, pulling her from a surprisingly restful sleep. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, smacking her lips tiredly. "Uuugh..." She droned groggily, lifting her head tiredly off the pillow. "What happened...?" She muttered, not familiar with such a thing happening to her.

"It's called 'sleep' miss spinel!" you chirped from your kitchen, checking the expiration date on your milk. "How did it feel? it feels good, right?" Spinel blinked for a moment, her groggy mind still processing everything. "...So.. I'm still stuck with you on this bet, huh...?" She brings a hand to her face and pinches the bridge of her nose, groaning in her throat. "Should have known it was too good to be true..." You frowned at her barely audible mutter, stirring the chocolate syrup with the milk. She must have been dreaming of the past... You inhaled through your nose and put on a bright smile. "Oh, don't be glum, chum!" You chirped, walking over to her holding a tray, ignoring the tired yet scornful scowl she was giving you. "Today marks a new day! A new beginning for yourself!" You set the tray down in front of you, as you clasped your hands in front of you, eyes shining like stars. "Filled with new things to experience!~" Spinel rolled her eyes, groaning at your sickeningly sweet demeanor. "Since you've already experienced what sleep was..." You push the tray closer to spinel, prompting the pink gem to look down, lifting her brow in confusion and wrinkling her nose wrinkling in revulsion.

What sat on the tray were a stack of heart shaped pancakes filled with chocolate chips and doused in sweet, syrup with a dish of plump, red strawberries on the side

What sat on the tray were a stack of heart shaped pancakes filled with chocolate chips and doused in sweet, syrup with a dish of plump, red strawberries on the side. Completeing this platter was a cool glass of chocolate milk.

She stared down at the unfamiliar substances before her for a moment before lifting her quizzical gaze to you. "...What is this now?" you smiled brightly in response. "Something called, breakfast!" you chirped. "It's a meal that organics eat early in the--"

"HOHOO, WHOA WHOA WHOA THERE BUSTER," Spinel threw her hands up, shaking her head rapidly. "I'm gonna stop ya RIGHT there, kid!" She jabbed a finger into your face, sneering with ringed pupils. "You might be able to blackmail me into staying here." she snarled, venom dripping in her voice making you winced slightly. "I mean, I couldn't just let you-" Spinel's finger halted you as she jabbed your nose. "And MAYBE.. you can suck me into your pathetic little life to save the hide of your miserable planet and its loser of a savior..." Your face went blank as she rambled on, (color) ringed eyes focused on hers as your hands slowly migrated towards the silverware. "But I WILL NOT LET YOU MAKE ME CONSUME WHATEVER SLOP THIS ROCK HAS TO OFFER, DO YOU UNDERSTA--"

"MMRPH!!?" she was cut off by you jamming a fork full of pancakes into her open mouth.

You pulled the now empty fork out of her mouth, shutting your eyes and huffing silently. "Sorry, ms. spinel." you reopened your eyes and they were no longer ringed, instead shimmered in irritation, with a thin glint of remorse. "But it's too early for spite. Especially when the volume reaches the stars." Your tone was more calm and blank than garnets, sending a shiver up spinel's back. But she quickly shook it off and rose her hand to give you a good hollering at, but paused her eyes widening as if she were realizing something. she started to softly munch on the morsel in her mouth, and almost instantly, her glower softened and a light hum sounded from her, as if she were pleasantly surprised. You took notice and a bubbly smile formed on your face as your eyes glittered. "Do you like it, miss spinel?" You asked, making the latter flinch. "I made it myself!"

Spinel's gaze darted back and forth as she chewed for a moment longer, analyzing the unfamiliar, yet surprisingly delectable taste before tipping her head back and swallowing. She blinked in astonishment at the fact she actually... enjoyed something from earth, let alone something created from you.

She must have caught your starry stare because she turned her head away and crossed her arms. "Alright, n-not bad, I'll admit..." She muttered audibly. You repress a giggle at the ever so slightly blush darkening her face. She then returns her full gaze to yours, a glare on her face. "But it's gonna take more than this tasty slop to prove the worth of this planet." You beamed brightly at her. Her tone, while still terse, didn't carry as much spite as it did earlier. Even her glare wasn't as tough as before, though it still had a bitter edge. You bowed your head towards her briefly. "Can do, miss spinel." You muttered to her warmly, lifting your gaze to meet hers again, before heading off towards the kitchen to clean the dishes. Behind you, you heard a satisfied hum come from the pink gem and the sound of the silverware being picked up.

Finally, you let yourself smile brightly at your achievement.

Another big step for little (name)!~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah... Reader can flip at the flick of a switch.

I don't know why yet-