Chapter Fifteen

Nya and Garmadon, who had been tied up for quite some time, are struggling to not get eaten by the second biggest snake.

The snake circles around Garmadon and then goes to Nya. It gets ready to attack when Jay and Cole burst through the doors.

"Nya!" Jay yells mixed with excitement and concern. The snake turns it's attention the Jay.

Jay tries to attack the snake with his lightning powers. "Oh, heh, right, no powers." Jay laughs nervously.

Cole jumps up and kicks the snake in the jaw and lands flawlessly.

The snake falls back and shakes it's head, quickly recovering.

It gets angry and attacks Cole multiple times and Cole barely dodges all of them.

While Cole is busy with the snake, Jay goes to untie Nya and Garmadon.

"Are you two okay?" Jay asks.

"Yeah, now that you two are here." Garmadon says as he rubs his wrists.

"Ah, a little help here!" Cole shouts, having a little trouble.

•••

Skyler pulls a lever that activates a trap door, sending one of the guards down a hole.

"Hurry, Kai, you must destroy the staff." Lloyd says, running over to Kai.

"Chen was right. This thing's awesome." Kai says as his eyes start to flash from red to his real eye color, and he uses the elements in the staff to knock some guards out.

"Kai, it holds too much power! Destroy it!" Lloyd yells.

Kai feels all the elemental powers coursing through his veins. All that power that he now controls. The power Kai has always wanted...but at what cost?

"The power is corrupting him. If we don't get that staff out of his hands—" Lloyd explains to Skyler as she walks over but is interrupted by Kai.

"No one is taking my staff! You had all that power. Now it's my turn! Ah, what am I saying? Nothing I don't already feel!" Kai says evilly as he tries to fight it off.

"Yes. Yes. Embrace the power." Chen says.

"Kai!! Don't listen to him!" (Y/n) yells as she runs in and stops when she sees Kai.

"I can't— I can't control it. I don't want to control it! I should've been the Green Ninja!"

"No, Kai. Don't!" Lloyd yells and the staff starts glowing green.

"Kai, you're better than this! This isn't who you are. You might not be the legendary Green Ninja, but you are one of the protectors of the Green Ninja." Kai watches as (Y/n) walks slowly towards him.

"Not everyone is destined for greatness and that's okay. You're amazing just the way you are. If you were to be the Green Ninja, you would have never met Lloyd and there's so many more good things that came out of this." Kai's eye's slowly turn back to normal. (Y/n) takes that chance and kicks the staff out of Kai's hand.

"W-what happened..?" Kai asks.

"Lloyd, get the staff and shatter it!" (Y/n) shouts.

"Why are you helping us? Aren't you with Chen?" Lloyd asks with anger and hurt as he furrows his brows.

"I- I want to be a better person, Lloyd. I'm really sorry....for everything." (Y/n) apologizes as she makes eye contact with Lloyd. Her eyes filled with regret.

Skyler walks over to Kai and makes sure he's alright.

"We'll discuss this later." Lloyd says looking away. His voice laced with venom.

(Y/n) looks down sadly. I mean what did she expect? She knew it would be hard for Lloyd to forgive and forget, she just didn't know it would hurt this much.

"Hope I'm not late!" Zane says as he punches one of the guards square in the face.

"Zane!" Kai and Lloyd yell.

"It's nice to see you." Lloyd says as he puts his hand on his shoulder.

"Look at you! You look brand new!" Kai says.

"It's good to be back." Zane says

"Don't forget about us!" Cole says as he, Jay, Nya, and Garmadon walk in.

"Who's ready to get their powers back?" Lloyd smirks as he picks the staff up.

He raises it and smashes it against the ground with all of his strength and pieces from the staff scatters in different directions.

The elemental masters slowly feel their powers return.

"Who's ready to kick some butt?" Kai asks as he puts his fist in the palm of his other hand.

"Ninja, go!" All of the ninja shout.

"It always brings tears to my eyes when I see the old gang back together." Nya says to the terrified guard next to her.

•••

"No sign of Chen. And no sign of Skyler either."  Garmadon says as he puts his hand on Kai's shoulder to comfort him.

"What about (Y/n)?" Kai asks worriedly.

"She's nowhere to be found." Garmadon sighs.

"No surprise there." Lloyd says as he crosses his arms.

"Hey, without Skyler or (Y/n) we wouldn't have won." Nya says.

Lloyd turns and walks away, his expression changing for angry to sad once he knows the others can't see.

His feelings were all mixed. He wasn't sure how to feel. He wants to believe that there's still some good left in (Y/n) but he still feels really hurt from when she betrayed him.

Lloyd stops in his tracks and sighs as he looks up at the sky. "Where are you....(Y/n)...?"