Chapter fourteen

Okay, so here it is!

This chapter, I have to admit, was fun to write. I love when Mia, Kelsey and Kayla all make an appearance at the same time. They seriously have the best kind of friendship and I love all three of them to pieces.

Anywyas, here it is and I hope you like it!

Enjoy ~

- NickyMb <3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“ You touch your hair one more time, I’m killing you.”

I look over at Mia as she straightens out my review mirror and looks at Kayla in the back seat. Kayla, with her hands entangled in her hair and bobby pins in her mouth, glares up at Mia. I go to turn back in my seat, when Mia decides to take her eyes off the road and look at me instead.

The look was pure evil.

“What?” I say as innocently as I possibly can. To be honest I have no idea if she was mad about the fact that I threw my drink all over my blind date or that I ruined an important phone call.

When I walked out of the restaurant, I could see from the doors that Mia was talking angrily at someone through the phone. Who? I have no idea. Kayla was still talking to the gas station guy, so she didn’t notice me until Mia did.

At first, they both looked shocked. Like I said before, I never go back on a promise. Ever. It was something I felt was important and they both knew that. But, the shock was short lived. The moment I was close enough to hear them, Mia was the first one to talk.

“He must be having a heart attack or be dead in his soup. There is no way you would just up and leave for no reason.” I didn’t even get to say anything before Kayla turned from her gas station buddy and looked me up and down.

“I assume you have a good reason?” I looked at them both and... laughed.

I didn’t know at the time if I was laughing because it was seriously funny or because I was still running on pure adrenaline. All I knew was I threw a drink on a complete stranger, something I should have been horrified about, and I agreed to meet Julio.

I still don’t know which one is the more scary conclusion.

They both looked at me, each other, and then back at me. I leaned one hand against my car as I scrubbed my hand over my face, my laughing coming to a sad end. “Your taste in guy’s are plain awful.” I said with my hand over my face. Then, of course, that made me think of my blind dates face after I poured the water on him, and I laughed again.

“Am I seeing this correctly or am I hallucinating again?” Kayla says aloud and I don’t even bother to comment. 

Not once in my life have a done anything as extreme as that. I’m not saying I am miss goody good girl, because even I have had my share of daring moments, but I have never acted on such... impulse.

Usually Kayla was the impulsive one. Hell, even Mia had her impulsive days. I was usually the girl along for the ride.

Never was I the girl actually coming up with the things in life. In that moment though, In that moment when I had no idea what was going to happen next, was the best feeling I have had in years.

Now, looking at Mia’s face, I can’t help but smile. It was getting a little sickening, this smiling high, but I planned on riding it until I worked it to the bone.

Mia just shakes her head at me and goes back to looking at the road, her hands gripped tight on the steering wheel.

Of course, that brings me back to her on the phone earlier. The way she was walking back and forth, her mouth in a tight line, I knew something was wrong.

Now, watching her fold her face into a mask of indifference, I know something is wrong.

“Is everything okay?” I finally ask, taking the attention off of me and putting it on her. The place it needs to be.

Her eyes quickly dart to me then back to the road. She waits a minute and then lets out a long breath, as if she had been holding it for awhile.

“It’s nothing important...” She says in a voice that means whatever it was really was important. I feel Kayla lean forward in the back seat and I reach over and tap my radio off.