Magic Knight Exams

[Y/N] [L/N] P.O.V

Finally, after six months of training I felt ready for the exam. I could only control two of my dream creatures but they were useful.First, was a nature monster that let me get in touch with nature magic like making big trees and plants that can heal or poison people. Second, was a creature that used illusions to weaken it's opponent before ripping them apart with their hands. I couldn't use the second one however properly.

Quickly, I packed up my stuff and made my way to the Magical Knight Exams. It took three days but it was worth it. I would finally be able to see Asta and Yuno again so I could show them how much I grew.

Once I arrived, no birds attacked me unlike some of the other candidates but I managed to call one over and offer it my bread which he gladly took before leaving. My eyes darted around and I saw Asta panicking at all the birds surrounding him. Yuno had a deadpanned expression as Asta ran and bumped into a tall well built man with a cigarette in his mouth.

"You wanna die youg boy?"
The man growled .

"You look really young for a 15 year old , what trouble have you gone through?"
The mans face darkened

"You really do want to die young boy"
The man had a tight grip on Asta's head

Without a second thought, I ran up to Asta and the man. He looked really upset and dead set on killing Asta so I tapped the man's arm which sent his attention onto me . I gave him a nervous smile as I pointed at Asta.

"I'm so sorry for my friend, please let go of him"

"Who the hell are you?"
His tone sounded even more angry but his grip loosened slightly on Asta .

"I-I'm (M/N) (L/N), I'm here to take the exams"

The another man came at that moment telling the man that he as a captain couldn't go around killing hopefuls as he winked at a girl. At that moment, two people passing by who were also taking the exam mentioned that he was Yami Sukehiro, The Titan . A man who was the captain of a squad who put a higher damage on the battlefield than the overall achievements .

The man who was flirty with the ladies was called Finral Leulaceis who kept getting distracted from work . This was because he kept flirting with too many ladies. There was also another man who was called Gordon Agrippa. He was bad at communicating. I decided to head over to Gordon because he didn't look scary but instead nervous. It was most likely he was just scared.

"Hey there, you look a bit nervous . I'm not sure why but I'm sure you'll feel better soon. Here take this"

I said as I grew a few Lavender flowers and passed it to him
'Nature's Cry: Calming Lavender'

"They have a calming effect if you smell them so I really do hope you feel better soon"

Gordon's piercing eyes stared down at my hands before he cautiously took them. He brought it to his nose and took small wiffs of it without saying anything before trying to pass it back to me. I put my hands in an X motion before letting a proper smile take place.

"It's fine, keep it.It will help you more than me. That's what friends do"

Suddenly, all the birds flew away. I turned around as the captains of each Magic Knight Squad was there . They are said to each have the power of at least a hundred warlocks. A man with a mask suddenly spoke.

"Our Young Testers, we apologise for the wait . I'll be taking the lead for this"

Suddenly someone gushed.

"That's the captain of the strongest squad , the Golden Dawn! William Vangeance! The closest to the next Magic Emperor!"

'Magic: Tree Descent'

A massive tree came from the sky and gave everyone their brooms. I held my hands out as one was passed to me with a look of awe. William gave a small smile as the tension in the air grew.

"Now we will begin the Magic Knights Exams . We will test you on a number of different things as we , the 9 squad captains look over what you are doing,"

He paused for a moment.

"And when everything is done we will choose who we want for our squads. If you do not receive any that means you have failed."

With a small smile in Gordon's direction I waved him a goodbye and went closer to the front. I had a hard time being noticed so I had to do all I could to stand out. My grip on the broom tightened as I waited for the instructions. It seems Finral had teleported Yami and Gordon away. Yami and Finral were now at the top with the other captains.

"Your first test is to use that broom to fly, anyone who can control their magic well can do this as this is the most basic form of movement."

I looked on my broom and sat sideways as it took me high into the sky where I could see some of the Anti birds flying. It seems I had gotten way better at magic control. Everyone noticed Yuno standing on the broom and gasped at his outstanding control. I went zipping past all the contestants in my chase for the birds which someone finally noticed.

"Hey look how fast that boy is flying!"

"Woah,he's barely sitting on his broom and not using his hands!"

I giggled as I made a few loops without falling off while still chasing the birds. I noticed Asta on the ground trying his hardest so I stopped and floated down to him. I scooched over on my broom as I pat the spot next to me with a smile on my face.

"It's no biggie, you can come flying with me. You want to feel it too right?"

"Really?! Thanks (M/N)!"

Asta cheered as he sat behind me and put his arms on my shoulders. I used my magic and lifted us up into the sky again as we both shared a good laugh. Then, a man called Sekke came over and intoduced himself to Asta. I could sense he had evil intentions however. It felt like he was trying to use Asta.

Yami Sukehiro P.O.V

That white haired boy that pissed me off earlier couldn't lift his broom at all which meant he has little to no mana for magic. The other boy who also pissed me off with (H/C) hair on the other hand could control his movements even with the other boy riding on broom as if riding sideways wasn't impressive enough. I wonder however why my Ki and magic couldn't sense him. William then spoke up.

"The one standing on the broom and the other one that sits sideways are certainly extraordinary."

"Definitely, they haven't even broke a sweat"

Fuegoleon of the Crimson Lions Squad replied.

I put a hand to my face and pulled out the cigarette as I puffed the smoke.

We will see how those three do.

A/N:Thanks for reading! I re-edited your information so if your curious feel free to read.