Chapter 42: Vogue.

Adam and Amelia's house interior above.

Amelia Black

"No freaking way! He rejected you?"

I nod softly.

"As in he turned down your feelings?"

"Yes, he did, Brie."

"That son of a bitch." Serena whispers.

It's been two weeks since my birthday. Things have been so crazy. I'm on the cover of Vogue Magazine! My friends threw me a party after we came back from Paris to celebrate my birthday again and the cover.

I've also been working non stop. I was in about four countries doing photoshoots and runway shows last week. My Vogue cover has given me bigger opportunities. I have so many emails from major brands that I'm so excited to work with but my goal now is to sign a contract with Gucci. If I get that, it would be like huge. It is the endgame.

The Met Gala is also coming up and I'm really excited for it and the outfit I'm going to wear.

Coming back home, I've been doing some work for Adam's charities and attending events, making appearances like a good old wife.

And speaking of Adam, I haven't seen him since that night in Paris. He's been so busy working in his companies abroad but he is coming back today.

I am so freaking nervous. Things have been kind of weird between us. I've been avoiding him but he texts me a lot to check up on me.

I can't believe I confessed my feelings to him. That's the craziest thing I've ever done.

"No, he wasn't a jerk about it. He did it in the sweetest way possible." I defend him.

Serena frowns in confusion. "You sure? Cause Adam has broken the hearts of like half of my female friends and I know how horrible he was to them. Completely heartless."

"Seriously?" Brie asks.

"Yeah. I'm not saying he is a horrible person. He's one of the most amazing people I know but he was in a very bad place at that time." Serena explains.

I invited them and their men over for a little welcome back party I organized for Adam.

"Have you guys talked? Like has he opened up to you about the things that he's been through?" Brie asks.

I shake my head. "No, not really and I doubt that he ever will. Do you guys know anything?"

"I mean, every time I ask Nathan he says that Adam has been through a lot and lost a lot. How about Raf?" She looks at Serena.

"Raf definitely knows something cause they've been friends since pre school but I don't think he knows the full story." Serena answers.

"Yeah but I feel like Chase does." I state.

"Definitely."

"Does it scare you that he has skeletons in his closet?" Brie asks.

"No, not really. He keeps trying to scare me away but I don't think whatever it is that he's done is that bad."

"But what if it is?"

I just shrug. I think at this point, I like him so much, I don't even care.

Someone knocks on the door and I tell them to come in.

Nathan pokes his head in and looks at Brie. "Come out here for a sec, babe." He says softly.

She gives us a sheepish look and mumbles back okay and he leaves.