Chapter 37

Emilia Ellis

I was glad it was our turn to order. They were selling tacos and burritos. It smelled delicious and good.

We ordered a taco box and burritos to share and two drinks. We had to wait for our order.

We found seating areas to sit and eat. "There's firework at ten pm and after that it's bonfire, mostly for adults because it includes alcohols.

"You want to go for the bonfire?" I asked. "We can go."

"And get drunk? No, thank you." He said. "I think I drank enough this week."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." He said.

We ate the food while discussing our plans for tomorrow. After we were done eating, we were walking around the booth that was selling things.

"This is cute." I said showing him the keychain with two beanies attached to it.

"We could get that one if you would like." He said.

I picked two of the similar one. "I want to get one for you too. You don't have to use it.. it's just I want you to have one." I said shyly.

"I would definitely use it." He smiled. I bought the keychain even though he argued he should be paying for it.

I rolled my eyes at him and explained about how he should allow me to pay for something in our relationship. He should about chivalry and it didn't make any sense to me.

We were in a field, a lot of couples was in the field waiting for the firework that should start in five minutes. We were away from crowds and the buzzing of the human's voices sounded fade.He put our intertwine hands in his trench pocket. It was a sweet gesture.

He asked me questions about my life here in New York and wondered about my school life and things like that. He looked at his watch and then without hesitating he kneeled down

"Emilia Ellis, I know we started out in a not so nice way..but thank you for liking me and allowing me to like you back. Would you please accept my proposal to be my girlfriend?it would be an honour to like you and be liked by you." His grey eyes was soft and beautiful.

"I would love to be your girlfriend." I said with a smile. He grinned as he stood up and kissed me on my lips. Just then the firework started and we pulled away, but he made sure to give me a back hug as we looked at the beautiful sky.

"I like this." I said. I like this moment very much and I think this memory will be engraved in my heart for a very long time.

"It takes so little to please you."He sighed.

I half-turned to look at him.

"I think it takes a lots of efforts to please me."

"Trust me, you are the easiest to please." He kissed my cheeks.

"Easier than your exes?" I don't know why I even brought that up at this moment.

He frowned. "Yes, easier than that. Let's not talk about my exes."

"Okay." I said to him. "I'm sorry for bringing that up."

"Don't worry about that." He said and kissed my cheeks. The firework was only for five minutes, but it was a beautiful one.

Chase drove us back home after that even though I asked him again if he would like to go for bonfire.

"Trust me, I don't want to go." He said.

"Okay." I said. "I don't want you to regret later.."

"I promise, I won't. I will regret more if we went."

"I had a very good time today, thank you for taking me there. It's funny how I have lived my whole life here and never been there before and here you are, been here for a year and you are taking me around." I joke as we pulled outside to my place.

"I'm glad I got this opportunity to show you around." He said and gently stroke my hair.

"Thank you." I said kissing his lip.

He sighed and kissed me back. His hands was on my cheeks.. "You. Kiss.are.Kiss.so. Kiss. beautiful." He said in between the kisses.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked after we pulled away.

"We should go for a bike ride tomorrow morning."

"Okay."

"Don't ditch me, again. Please." He said. My cheek flushed in embarrassment.

"Okay. What time are we meeting?"

"At six?"

"Okay."

"Wear something warm, we have to drive to the place for the bike ride."

"I will, have a good night."

"You too, beautiful." He said and kissed my forehead before coming and opening my door for me.

He watched me walk in and left once I was inside the house.

"Someone has a good night." Daniel was sitting on the couch with Buttercup on his lap and was playing with her.

I took off my coat. "I did." I admitted honestly and it surprised him by my honest answer. It shouldn't surprise him, but he was.

"You are different now.." he said. "I like how you are speaking your mind out and sharing your emotions. It took you years to do that, and all thanks to this one guy."

"I don't know." I said.

"You're like a whole different person. You seem happier with him and you talk a lot when he's around."

"Is it suppose to be a good thing?"

"It is.." he said. "Love is suppose to change you, maybe for better? But love hurts a lot of times and that's when you need to differentiate and understand the worth of the love. Is it worth it to get hurt this much in this relationship.Both physically and emotionally. Are you both trying to work it out or is it just one side?"

It's very rare for Daniel to talk about love with me. He's the affectionate one in the family. He like showing love to people. He's the nicest human being with very filthy mouth-but his actions are always for good reasons. He must be worried for me and my relationship and I honestly get why. It's my first real relationship. I never had one, it was always going on dates, but never worth a relationship.

"I will keep that in mind." I said to him.

I was lying on the bed when I received a text from Chase.

"Have a Goodnight, love. I'm missing you now!!"

I chuckled as I texted him back. "I miss you too, Have a good night."

Who would have thought I would be texting these lines to someone?