29| Caged

Edited

• • •

Ameena had thought that the worst pain she could have ever experienced was getting shot in the shoulder. The feel of a bullet tearing through her skin was something that nothing else could top. She was sure of this, until today.

The bullet wound that knocked her unconcious suddenly seemed trivial compared to when Bianca snapped her pinky back, making sure to go to the extra mile and mess up the tiny joints. It was painful, yes, but, as Alonzo positioned her palm flat against the metallic surface and roughly went to realign her finger back in place Ameena felt herself teeter on the brinks of insanity.

She was unable to hold the scream that ripped through her throat as the pain zinged across her body, it was said someone had held her hand over an open fire. A thousand tiny black dots clouded her vision, unconsciousness creeping in from the edges. She was more than willing to succumb to the blackness, almost backing out from the pain when she felt the light taps on her cheek, forcing her to open her eyes once more

"No no amore," Alanzo coerced her back to reality, "Pretty eyes open, yes?"

Her skin was slick with sweat, a few escaped hairs sticking along the nape of her neck and forehead. Through parted lips and harsh breaths, she panted as Alanzo released her hand, stepping back and using his eyes to roam her body which continuously struggled against the binds. The bridge of her nose burned along with her eyes, tears threatening to spill.

His gaze lifted to hers with a satisfied smile, "That wasn't so bad now, was it Ameena?"

With misty eyes, she stared at the ceiling above and blinked, a betrayal of a tear slipping down the side of her temple. Gritting her teeth, Ameena exhaled a long shuddering breath, not accustomed to the pain that continuously bloomed from her hand along with the shadow of a migrain starting up at the center of her brows.

"I'm going to release you now," She heard him speak, which forced her eyes back to him. He was already reaching for something behind him. The sleek black pistol he brought out made her eyes widen a bit. Only one word could describe it; sophisticated. Funny, it was looking a lot less sophisticated and a lot more deadly as he pointed it right at her.

"Try anything funny and I'll put a bullet right here-" his other unoccupied finger tapped the space between her eyebrows. "Comprende?"

Did she nod? Ameena could not remember. She was already too exhausted and fighting him was the last thing occupying her mind. His fingers worked skillfully, unclasping the leather bindings that seemed to rub both the skin of her wrists and ankles raw.

His hands on her biceps hauled her up and Ameena leaned heavily forward, blood rushing to her head rapidly. Fortunately, he had let her catch her breath before gesturing for her with a wave of his gun, to follow suit.

Ameena pursed her lips and slid off the metallic table, wincing as her bare feet touched the dirty ice cold floor. She brushed past Alonzo who had passed in waiting, cradling her hand to chest and flitching from his hand which ghosted inches near her lower back.

Walking down the short dark aisle, she noted different empty cells placed parallel to hers- cleaned out with no one inside and scrubbed clean save for the suspicious dark red stains splattered on walls. They climbed steps, their breathing the only sounds before he pushed the door open revealing a short hallway, Ameena had to pause and squint as bright fluorescent lighting, quite the contrast from the dimness of where they had been before, flooded her senses.

She inhaled sharply feeling the butt of his gun on her back as he nudged her forward. "Onward beautiful."

She didn't know where she was. He stopped her at the wide open door of a room filled with men, at least a dozen, all sitting around a table some polishing/ taking apart and re-assembling their weapons, others doing nothing and a few chatting amongst themselves. As though sensing her gaze, chatter died as eyes found the two individuals who hovered by the door.