Chapter 1

Second Person POV

Finally, the dreadful day you had never wanted to actually face- the day where you had to join a class and meet new people. Reluctantly getting out of bed you opened the curtains only to be greeted with cloudy skies and rain. You enjoyed the rain, it meant there would be fewer people walking around on the sidewalks because no one really wanted to get wet. 

Making your way towards your closet, you took out your uniform and put it on. Folding you pyjamas and leaving it on your bed as you exited the room. Stretching your tired limbs as you did so. 

Walking towards the bathroom you noticed that no one was awake yet, sighing you decided right after you were to brush your teeth you were going to make breakfast for both you and your parents.

Smiling at the thought you entered the bathroom. Grabbing the toothpaste you opened its cap and squeezed some out, now putting the toothbrush in your mouth you began brushing your teeth; a little while after, you spat out what was left in your mouth and rinsed it with water.

Returning your toothbrush to where it was before you exited the room, drying off your hands in the process. Making your way to the kitchen you took out the ingredients needed to make breakfast for 3.

Placing a pan on the stove, you turned on the burner, placing a little dash of olive oil on the pan, slightly tilting it, letting it coat its entire surface area. Cracking open an egg you let it cook. Watching as the egg cooked, you took a plate and set it next to the pan.

When you felt it was about the right time, you took your spatula and separated the egg from the pan. Repeating these steps 2 more times you were now left with 3 eggs, putting some seasoning on it, you took each plate and placed it on the table. 

Cramming your meal into your mouth,  you cut up a bunch of fruit for lunch and left. Since you had opened your curtains that morning you already knew it was raining outside so you being the smart person that you were, brought out your umbrella.

Taking in the beautiful weather you began to gloomily walk to school, too scared to even think about what was going to happen when you were supposed to introduce yourself to the class. 

...

Around 5 minutes into your walk, you had noticed someone with the male version of the uniform you were wearing. Taking this as a hint you automatically knew he and yourself attended the same school.

Noticing he didn't have an umbrella you involuntarily rushed towards him. Placing the umbrella above his head you began to slow your pace to match his. Even though you didn't like interacting with people, you always took it upon yourself to help them whenever they seemed to be in need of something. 

Taking a better look at the boy you had just helped you realized that he had resembled one of your favourite vegetables, a leek. Putting his hair aside you took in his eyes. Wow, was all you could really think, in your eyes, he was the most unique person you have ever met, in a good way, of course.

Staring down at you he slightly glared at the closeness between the two of you.  "Why did you do that?" the unnamed boy questioned.

"You looked like you weren't enjoying the rain. I mean rain is just liquid water in the form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapour and that has become heavy enough to fall under gravity. Rain is a major component of the water cycle and is responsible for depositing most of the freshwater on the Earth. Knowing this it still doesn't mean you have to enjoy it so I understand if you don't. I just thought the only rational thing to do was help you so, here I am," you rambled off, completely forgetting the presence of the boy beside you. 

Taking in your features he observed the way your eyes lit up when talking about the hydrologic cycle. The way that the sentence of words came out of your mouth just sounded like music to his ears. Could it be that you were interested in science? Perhaps it was just the fact that you were really smart and you studied all of the material school had to offer.

Even so, Senku knew he had to know more about you. "I appreciate the fact that you are concerned about me, we need more people like you around here. I'm Senku, Ishigami Senku. Since I'm not one who fixates themselves on formalities just call me by my first name."

"Oh, um, I'm (Y/n) (L/n), nice to meet you, Senku. (Y/n) is fine.  Also, sorry about that earlier, I just get really excited about stuff like that," you rubbed your nape with an embarrassing quirk of the lip. 

"Likewise, it's fine."