Twenty Eight

'The Room of Requirement'

"First, we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out

"First, we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out." Harry explained as several members of the new, still nameless, club walked back into Hogwarts.

"The Shrieking Shack?" Ginny interjected.

"No, it's too small."

"The Forbidden Forest?" Hermione pitched in.

Ron sent her a look, "Not bloody likely."

Ginny piped up, "Harry? What happens if Umbridge does find out?"

"Who cares?" Hermione laughed, Cedric and Lori looking to each other on confusion at her sudden change of behaviour, "I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules."

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?" Ron laughed.

"Anyway," she ploughed on, "we know one positive thing that came from today."

"What's that?" Harry asked.

Hermione smiled and looked behind her to the two eldest leaders, his arm slung around her waist, "Cedric couldn't take his eyes off Lori, could he?"

*

The Gryffindor Captain groaned, her head falling sideways onto the table where she and Cedric had been doing some Transfiguration revision together, one of the many subjects they both took.

"What's up?" Cedric asked, leaning forward and pulling some hair out of her face so he could see her, "Do I have something on my face?"

"I was really hoping that I would never have to play Seeker again." she admitted, "Especially seeing as I would have to play against you."

Cedric smirked, "Are you scared to go up against me in a match?"

"Maybe."

Umbridge's voice suddenly sang arrogantly throughout the school, blasting out of speakers that none of the pupils had even noticed, "With the exception of the House Quidditch Teams, all student organisations are henceforth disbanded. Any student in noncompliance will be expelled."

They looked at each other across the table, knowing full well that their unnamed Dark Arts Defence group had no intention of shutting down.

The very next day, after Neville had somehow located the Room of Requirement, they began. It was a dark room, fairly large with an eerie blue glow to it and vaulting ceilings, a fire roaring in the mantle. Hermione had explained that the room takes the shape of whatever the person needs, so they now had a room to practice spells in.