Chapter six

No longer children

I looked to Anakin with a little confusion; was Master Kenobi just leaving us to complete the mission alone, surely not, we're just a couple of padawans-not saying we couldn't it was just very unlike him to trust us with something such as this

"Right well we should split up, I'll take this side and you can serch over there." I instructed while pointing my hands in oposite directions to indicate where we'd be looking.

"Since when did you become the leader here?" Anakin asked with a small smirk as he rose a brow at me, looking both surprised and a little impressed, my best guess is he was more used to giving orders than recieving them.

"Since you didn't." I chuckled lightly back, looking over my shoulder toweard him as I headed into the crowds. Through the mass of patreons I saw him lightly shake his head before walking off in the oposite direction with a casual posture, women all around checking him out, I don't blame them, he had grown into a rather hansome young man-for a jedi that is.

I'd caught sight of someone strangely dressed in comparison to others around here heading in the general direction of the bar, unfortunately in my hurry to follow them I tripped at the top of a couple of steps, falling right down into some guy that stank of booze. I groaned quietly, feeling pretty embarrassed at the blunder as I tried to pull away back onto my own to feet.

"Well well what's this? Pretty lady throwing herself at me? Can't say I mind~" He slurred turning to face me, one of his large hands taking hold of my chin and tilting it up as he stared hazily down at me. I clenched my jaw, the last thing I wanted was to cause a seen, but as my eyes flicked around I could see this guy had at least three strong looking friends. Why can't anything ever be easy. "Say pretty little thing, how'd you like to have some fun~" The dreadful man slurred leaning uncomfortably close. I glared daggers up at him in warning that he should release me, not wanting to cause a huge seen despite the fact I had the severe urge to force push the man right across the room. "What's that face for doll? Aren't you-

"She's with me." I suddenly heard a familiar voice say from behind me, having sensed him rush over while the guy was talking. Yet again he was saving my neck, though it was a little embarrassing since I could handle it.

"And you would be?" The guy holding me asked,thankfully moving away so I could breath without inhaling alcohol.

"The guy warning you to stay away from his girl." My dear friend practically growled back, and I could practically feel the anger burning round him, though I wasn't to sure why he was so mad.

'His girl..?'

I know this was just to get me out the situation, but I couldn't help but let my heart jump at the words for some reason I'd always longed to hear, though I knew I shouldn't. Before they could argue anymore I felt a firm, yet comforting grip pull me back into its owners chest, feeling relief now I was a safe distance away from the drunks.