chapter 6- Finally Pay For The Pain And Misery

Ashleigh’s POV

I stood in front of the gold lined mirror and stared as my black dress clad body, as Ra’s began to tell the story of my death, “you were taken during a planned car crash by Bane; he took you to his army based in the old Gotham subway system. You were injured during the crash a piece of metal had lodged itself into your side, you took it out but that wasn’t enough to save you.” I heard Ra’s sigh harshly as he told the story of my death, I reached up a hand and placed it on Ra’s stubble covered jaw and focused his gaze on mine in the mirror, “carry on.” I said breathlessly as pain began to strike my side, “the Scarecrow decided the best action was to plan an attack on Bane which he followed through to the end. When trying to rescue you he made a fatal mistake, you were already dying slowly from blood loss…” Ra’s words disappeared as I began to see scenes of what happened leading up to my death.

“I dug my heals into the concrete floor of the tunnel to no avail. I struggled against Bane only to feel more blood pour from my side into the dark water below me. Suddenly I chocked blood, as banes grip increased on my neck as he dragged me through the tunnels, “help me!” I screamed as tears poured down my pale face. I could feel the blood drip from my lips as I screamed harder as we went deeper into the tunnel system.”

I gasped harshly back into my new reality, I looked at my body in the mirror and gently placed a hand on my side, I could feel tears prick my eyes as the imaginary pain wouldn’t subside. Suddenly I was flipped around to face Ra’s Al Ghul, whose eyes seemed to be filled with green fire, and before he could utter any words, I whispered, “I remember.” Hot tears began to pour down my face once again as I could once again feel the helpless feeling that I was going to die.  I buried my face into Ra’s chest and leaned against him. His arms wrapped tightly around me as I cried. How could anyone allow someone to die in such a painful way?  Pulled my arms around myself and held my torso as I cried pain ripped through me.

Scarecrow’s POV

The path into Gotham’s underworld started in the old train station which had been blown up at several different times, and was now owned by Penguin, and only he could get us into the old Gotham city which lay under tonnes of rubble and dirt. As we walked under the iron bars which surround the old train station we could hear the fait and gravelly voice of Oswald Cobblepot talking to some of his men, “make sure you wear these I don’t want you idiots to get effect by any of that fear toxin Crane’s probably got hidden somewhere.” He was still a little sour from the iceberg lounge incident; my humour would have been evident if it wasn’t under such grim and grave circumstances. We walked into the wide open space of the old station to be welcomed by armed guards each with a world war two issued gas mask tightened till the skin shown on the outside was bleach white, “welcome Scarecrow, batman.” They both nodded to each other and brought back attention to the ruins of the old Gotham station, “this station opens up the world of old Gotham, and descends deep into what people what to forget.” It had been a long while since I had heard the death of old Gotham, the power system which was seen as clean energy supplied the city with heat and warmth, but even though the energy wasn’t harmful for the environment, it was for humans. A huge leak over a hundred years wiped out a population of people, which died slowly due to the toxic waste which provided the energy. A very old story and has been changed many times, but still true as today. “Just take us there penguin.” Oswald made an animal sounding grunt and walked towards a large sliding wooden door which revealed a deep and dark carved tunnel which leads deep into the old levels of Gotham.

Ra’s Al Ghul’s POV

I lay on the bed, and breathed heavily. I couldn’t help feeling rage for what Ashleigh was feeling; she had been hurt by the scarecrow, she had been left to slowly die in that hell which she did not deserve. She lay quietly besides me breathing heavily in a deep sleep; I sighed and turned to face her exhausted body. Suddenly the harsh sound of metal slamming against metal rang out, I ran to the rooms huge ornate doors to be welcomed by once again he incompetent Lucas, who was gasping hard, “penguin, the scarecrow and batman have been spotted in the tunnels sir.” I could feel the rage in me burn, I turned to the sleeping beauty which lay on my bed, and grabbed Lucas by the shoulders and shoved him towards Ashleigh, “make sure she stays here!” I growled, how dare that man look from a woman he doomed to die? I slammed the doors behind me and walked towards the chamber of the Lazarus pit where my men waited for me. As I pushed open the large door which guarded the pit, I saw my men dressed for a battle, “my men three men threaten our existence of the miracle that I created, you must protect this place with your lives.” Each man surrounding me nodded their head and sped off into the darkness behind me. The scarecrow will finally pay for the pain and misery he has caused.