Chapter 28 Zane

Your Pov

I shot another ball of light at the metal rocket ship ruining glowy bugs. If these stupid bugs never found us, we wouldn't be stuck on Arcturus.

"Does anyone know how to make a rocket ship?" Zane announces freezing the terrible bugs.

"A how-to-build-a-rocket-ship book would be nice now!" screams Jay shocking Glowy.

"I know!" shouts Lloyd from beside me.

"You have a how-to-build-a-rocket-ship book!?" asks Jay looking at Lloyd.

"No. We can build our own!" Lloyd suggests. 'That's... a good idea.'

"With Zane's knowledge of space."

"Kai's fire can melt the parts together."

"Cole's strength can help us carry parts."

"And Jay's crazy nerdy self can help us make the rocket ship," Cole states. "Haha, yeah... Hey!"

'I guess I'll try and help...'

I turn around looking for pieces I could grab to help out the Ninja. Hands touched my shoulder, "Y/n?"

My head looks to see Lloyd, "Yeah?" I reply turning fully towards him.

"You can help guide us."

My eyebrows rose, I was confused and shocked. 'Did he noticed I was upset?'

"How, Lloyd? I'm not strong and my elemental power is lame," I light my palm keeping eye contact with him. "I know the history of Ninjago and elemental masters. My skills are weak and I can't help in any useful way."

His green eyes were so pretty. They were filled with concern and determination at the same time. His blonde hair falling slowly in front of his face. I wanted to help him push it out of the way.

"You are a determined person. I know you want to get back to Ninjago and save the people. Out of all of us, you're the one person who knows them the most. You will be able to keep our focus on building this rocket ship," Lloyd says like it was effortless. A small smile peaks on his lips.

I swung my arms around him hugging him. The warmth from his body coming through the suit reminds me of when I held onto him in the rocket ship.

Something I want to hold forever.

"Thank you, Lloyd. I needed that," I whisper into his chest as his arms squeeze my body closer to his.

"I'm here for you. You don't have to worry about anything," his voice rings through my ear, making me shiver on the inside. The sweet tone of his voice I could listen to every day and never find it annoying.

"Hey lovebirds! Chop chop! A rocket ship can't be built by itself!" shouts Cole from behind us.

I felt Lloyd's arm unwrap from around me, but his arm brushing against mine softly. "You're right, Cole. We should help you, you can't do anything by yourself," Lloyd sarcastic voice says.

'This is what Lloyd meant. I need to keep the team on track.'

"Hey, boys! We have to get to work! Ninjago needs us!" I announce smiling brightly nudging Lloyd as I stuck my tongue out.

"Hey! That's what I said!"

"But I said it better!"

Shaking in our mini rocket ship, I watched as we grew closer and closer to Ninjago. The city didn't seem dark like how it was when we fought the Overlord the first time.