Chapter 8: Hand holdings

The days and months quickly passed and exams were coming up very soon.

July had been full of students rushing to catch on with school as their exams crept up on them day by day, so the school was limiting the time students spent on their club.

Taiji and Kuroo had passed the after school hours doing their revisions as they could only practice volleyball on Fridays during the exam period.

Occasionally, the two would be joined by their teammates. But it was usually just the two, as their teammates were still trying to set them up.

The two captains usually sat in the corner of the library as they discussed the teaching and notes.

"Hey Kuroo," Taiji called out to her friend while she went over her notes, "Are the boys having any activities after the exam?"

Kuroo looked up from his textbook, "We're having a training camp in school, why?"

"Ah, I see," Taiji shuffled her notes again, "We were planning on having a training camp too,"

Kuroo put his book down as Taiji scribbled some notes into her notebook. If they were having a training camp, then perhaps they could join some of the matches.

"We're inviting other schools to join, maybe you guys could play too?"

Kuroo watched as his counterpart knitted her eyebrows together, processing his offer.

"Have you asked your coach?" Taiji pointed her pen at the boy,

"I'm sure he won't mind," Kuroo reassured,

Taiji narrowed her eyes at the male captain. What kind of trick was he playing with her this time?

"I'll talk to Sensei about it, and maybe Coach Lee will talk to your coach about it," Taiji turned her attention back to her notes.

~~~

Friday soon came and the girls were doing receiving drills. Coach Lee didn't want the girls to overdo themselves as the exams were only 2 weeks away.

As training ended, Taiji had gathered the team around for a quick brief about the upcoming training camp.

"We'll be having our training camp after the exams," Taiji's teammates sat in front of her as she explained, "It'll be held in school,"

"Aren't the boys having a training camp too?" Rieko raised her hand,

"Yes, they are," Taiji let out a quiet huff as she watched her teammates lit up, obviously planning something devious for their captain.

"The boys have invited other schools to join, so we'll have to make a choice," the female captain furrowed her eyebrows, "Should we stay in a nearby inn? Or should we stay in our own homes?"

Another round of glee faces showed in the girls, "Why can't we just stay in school? It's much cheaper, and we won't have to walk all the way to school,"

Taiji turned towards her coach and sensei, who gave her similar reactions.

Taiji let out a defeated sigh as she jotted it down in her notebook, "I'll make arrangements with the school,"

The girls broke out into a loud cheer, their plans to get the two captains together going smoothly.

"Alright, settle down," Taiji yelled, making her team calm down, "We'll be playing a few rounds with the other schools that the boys invited,"