Chapter 14: A Painful Past

Recap: Leo acts odd when he sees (Y/n)'s injuries. Ellis invites (Y/n) to eat with him, and he begins to like her.

(Y/n) left soon after she finished eating, much to the dark haired prince's disappointment. Ellis stayed in his office thinking back to their encounter. Unknowingly, he brought his hand to his lips. There was the faintest smell of chocolate still on his finger.

He was suddenly reminded of something he needed to do. He sat up from his chair and stretched. A dark smile sat on his lips. This was going to be fun.

-----------------------------------

Ellis made his way to the lowest level of the castle. This was where they kept the prisoners. Two guards quickly bowed as they saw the prince approaching the prison. One might have seen it as an act of respect, but Ellis saw through their facade. They feared him. Ellis thrived on this knowledge, because he knew, fear was the very thing that gave him power.

It didn't take long for Ellis to find what--or rather who--he was looking for. The man was slumped in the corner of a cell. His eyes were open and bruised. Ellis opened the cell door. The sound of metal on concrete caused the prisoner to turn towards the prince. Ellis closed the door and sat down on a metal chair in the corner of the cell. He reached into his pocket pulling out a large kitchen knife.

The prisoner's eyes widened. "What do you want?" he asked in a shaky voice.

Ellis looked at the knife in his hand and began spinning it between his fingers. "Many things," he replied simply. He took a good look at the prisoner, however the man's eyes were trailed on Ellis' knife. The man watches as he twirled it back and forth, back and forth.

"Tell me, what is it that you want George?" Ellis asked addressing the man by his name. The man's eyes briefly looked up towards Ellis' before settling back on the knife.

"I...I don't know what you mean," George said hesitantly.

"It's not that hard of a question," Ellis continued. "Love, power, riches? Everyone wants something."

The prisoner thought for a moment. "I just want a good life."

Ellis thought over his answer. The knife in his hand spun faster. "An interesting answer. Tell me are you married George?"

The man in question was caught off guard with the prince's question. He didn't like where this was going. "No," he replied staring at the knife. Back and forth, back forth.

Ellis appeared to consider his words, but he had known the answer from the start. He just liked to keep them on edge. Because while the prisoner was focused on the knife in Ellis' hands, the was unaware of the real weapon: his words.

"That's a surprise. You seem to be quiet the ladies man. I hear the women in the castle talk about you all the time," Ellis smoothly lied. George smirked slightly at the statement. He had been with many women in the castle.

Ellis inwardly smirked. "I wonder if you have a favorite type." The knife stopped spinning. "Maybe you like blonde girls, or maybe...you like the ones who struggle, the one's who scream at you and tell you to stop."

George's eyes widened.

Ellis slowly stood up from the chair and walked towards the prisoner. "Do you like to rape women George?"

George paled and frantically shook his head. "I won't do it again I swear. I'm sorry," he said with a trembling voice.

"Maybe I can help you with that," Ellis said hovering the knife over the prisoner's crotch. He knew what the man cared about most. It was himself.