thirty nine

{The Task of a Lure}

Trotting his way down the staircase, Seokjin blinked a few times as he adjusted to the newly found light of day. He carried a stack of documents in his arms, swinging around into the living room as he let out a yawn. But then he paused. Droopy eyes growing wide at the sight before him. 

Wrapped up in a warm embrace, Daisy lay by Hoseok's side, the both of them cuddled up against the living room couch. The soft rays of the morning light caused the tuffs of their tousled hair to glow a brilliant gold as their breaths came soft and steady. 

Seokjin had to rub at his eyes a couple of times to make sure he wasn't dreaming, "I did not see that coming..." he muttered, adjusting his hold on the documents as he crept further into the living room. 

The curtains added an orange glow to the morning light. Seokjin breathed in deeply, reaching out to the fabric, noticing how up close the light poured through every open space between the fibres. The material was warm beneath his fingers and when the sun flooded into the room he felt the golden rays soak into his skin. 

From the lounge, Daisy and Hoseok began to stir, still hugging each other close. Seokjin found himself giving a soft smile at the pair before making his way into the kitchen, flicking on the kettle to boil as he leant himself up against the kitchen bench, licking his thumb as he began to go through his documents. 

He flicked through each one, scanning the reports before he heard the kettle switch off, quickly grabbing out a mug as he began to brew himself a coffee. 

Right on time, Namjoon shuffled his way into the kitchen, greeting Seokjin with a crooked smile as he weakly ran his hand through his tousled bed hair, "You're up early." Namjoon muttered, voice slightly husky. 

"Well so are you~" Seokjin smiled, moving aside as Namjoon also began to brew a coffee. 

"Couldn't sleep."

Seokjin frowned, "Thinking about the banquet still?"

Namjoon sighed, "I can't help it." he muttered, tapping his spoon against the side of his mug before bringing it up to his mouth. The steam tickled at his nose as he drunk the hot liquid, wiping at his lips as he placed the mug down against the bench. His gaze flickered down to where he placed his drink, eyes narrowing once he noticed the pile of documents stacked on the bench. He rose a brow as he picked up one of the pages, "What's this?"

Seokjin stood by his side, "Monthly income reports."

Namjoon picked up the stack of papers as he began to go through them, "Are all the businesses still up and running?"

"Yep." Seokjin replied, taking a sip at his own coffee, "Our income has declined a little over the past few weeks-"

"-Understandable." Namjoon cut in.

"But overall, we're still pretty stable." He finished, not too troubled by their small losses for the month. It was obviously a result of the tattoo parlour, after all, Taehyung hadn't been working and Jimin and Yoongi had been opening at irregular times due to random training sessions and safety concerns. Only regular clients were being accepted in order to limit their risks of exposure. 

Seokjin ran a hand through his hair, "I'm heading out today on business again."

Namjoon frowned, "You look pretty worn out."