Part 22

A couple days later....

Wanda's pov

I couldn't sleep at all. Sometimes I never could. Nightmares often plagued my thoughts. Everyone on the team had them, we all have been through some tough shit. Everyone had someone to talk about theirs with, but I didn't.

I walked out of my bed and headed for the common room. It was 3 in the morning, so I was dressed in shorts and a tank top. I knew no one else would be awake, so I thought watching tv would help me.

"Friday? Is anyone else awake?" I asked the ceiling

"Yes Ms.Maximoff, it appears Mr.Stark is currently in the training room"

Why was Peter awake? Maybe he had a nightmare too, I knew he had them all the time. I decided to go down and check on him.

I rode the elevator down to the training floor and started walking towards the training room. As I was walking, I heard the sound of light classical music playing. Strange music to train to? I was curious, so I peeked my head inside.

He was shirtless and only dressed in a pair of black joggers. I then saw him starting to spin. He was twirling and doing the most beautiful ballet moves I've ever seen. He leaped across the floor and spun around over and over again. I never knew he was so talented.

"I haven't danced in awhile, so I'm a bit rusty" I heard him say, did he know I was here?

I walked closer to him and he turned and faced me. I could tell he was surprised to see me by the way he played with his hands. He smiled at me and his faces turned red.

"Well from the looks of your dancing, I couldn't tell. How did you know it was me?" I asked him

"I didn't. My spidey sense only let me know someone was watching, just not who. I'm glad you liked it"

"It was beautiful" I told him as I pulled down my tank top

"So what are you doing down here?" He asked before turning around and putting his shirt back on

"Couldn't sleep, you?"

"Me neither. So I came down to train. I can't really train much with the team because I have to hide my powers. Also have a lot on my mind. So I came down here to be alone with my thoughts"

"Oh...well I can leave if you want"

"No! I mean...I like having you here. You don't need to leave" He yelled grabbing my hand

I looked down at his hand and he quickly moved his hand away from mine.

"So um...do you wanna talk or something? I mean we're here. I'm not planning on sleeping yet. Oh I never asked....why couldn't you sleep?"

"Nightmares about my brother and other things from my past....things I've done. The mission brought up a lot"

He looked so sad when I told him that. I took a step back from him and closed my eyes. I hated thinking about it. Some of the things I've done are terrible.

"Wanda I know your past has been shitty, but you're still a good person. You have overcome a lot in your life and everyone has done things they regret, so please don't burden yourself. You are a good person and a hero" He pulled me closer and hugged me tightly

I hugged him back as he started to run his hand through my hair. Tears started to fill my eyes. No one has ever said such nice things to me.

"I'm such a baby....I never cry in front of people. I'm sorry" I whispered with my head still in his chest