III: chocolate chip cookies

I look down at the little girl who has now snuggled deeper into my side and sigh. I glanced at my watch and read the time.

3:15pm.

"Chunhei, angel, wake up. Let's go wait for your daddy in the classroom," I gently shook her. Her eyes fluttered open and she slowly looks around, still trying to adjust to the sunlight.

"D- Da- Daddy?" She whimpers as she slowly wakes up.

"He's not here yet, sweetheart. Let's go back into the classroom," I stood from the bench and offer my hand out to her. She rubs her eyes for a few seconds before hopping off the bench and taking hold of my hand.

I lead her back into the classroom and allow her to get comfy on one of the beanbags I've placed at the back of the class. She curls up into a tiny ball and lets out a small yawn.

"Are you hungry? I've got some chocolate chip cook-," I began before Chunhei jumps up from the beanbag, her black Converse making a soft slapping noise on the carpet.

"Yes!! I love chocolate chip cookies, they're my favorite food!" She exclaims. I let out a soft giggle as I take out a container of cookies I'd brought from home. I walk over to the back where Chunhei is seated and get comfortable on the beanbag next to Chunhei. I hold the container near her and she quickly takes a cookie, taking a massive bite.

"These are so yummy, Ms. Lee!!! Where did you get these?" Chunhei asks, letting out a satisfied noise. She continues to munch on the cookie and reaches over for another. I hand her the container and tell her to finish the last cookie.

"Thanks, Chunhei. I made them," I admit to the little girl munching happily on my signature creation.

"You're so good at baking, Ms. Lee!"

"You're too nice, sweetie. They're the only things I can bake though," I giggle as I wipe around her mouth. She got so excited about the cookies that a few crumbs ended up scattered around her mouth.

Before Chunhei can respond, footsteps come running into the classroom, startling both of us.

"Chunhei!" A frantic looking Min Yoongi rushes in, looking around the classroom. He makes eye contact with his daughter, sitting comfortably on a beanbag twice her size, and his shoulders visibly relax.

"Daddy! You're here!" Chunhei rushes over to her father, throwing her arms around his frame. 

"Hi, sweet girl! I'm so sorry I'm late," Yoongi sheepishly greets his daughter. After ruffling her hair and kissing her forehead, he looks up. 

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Lee. I got caught up at work and didn't realize the time." 

"No need to apologize, Mr. Min. Chunhei was very well behaved and didn't cause any trouble. She did eat my chocolate chip cookies though," I wink at Chunhei. 

"She's a Cookie Monster, YN! She'll eat all your cookies."

"I only ate two, daddy! Ms. Lee's cookies are so delicious!!" Chunhei defends from her father's side. 

"I'm glad you enjoyed them, sweetie," I thank the little girl. 

"Well, we've held you back long enough. We'll be heading out now," Yoongi speaks up, walking over to the front door. 

"It's no problem! Get home safe!" I wave to the duo. 

"Bye YN!"

"Bye Ms.Lee! Please make more cookies!" Chunhei cheers as she walks away, making me giggle.

After the two left, I turn back into the classroom and begin packing up my stuff. I walk around the classroom, cleaning up any stray mess and getting the classroom ready for the next day. Once I'm satisfied, I pick up my things and make my way to my car. I place my things into the backseat and slip into the driver's seat.