Chapter 35

"Congratulations, Rosewood for winning the championship!" Our principal spoke into the mic.

Finally, after a long while, Rosewood Deers won!

People started jumping out of their seats to hug each other and celebrate our victory, screaming and howling. The three of us hugged each other so tight that we almost broke our bones.

The last time our school won was back in 1998. After that, we never had much luck anymore. After 22 years, here we are. We finally got the championship back.

The cheerleaders and football players were out in the field, running to hug everybody as they cried in happiness. Watching Lucy in a group hug made the corner of my mouth curl up. She had a big fat grin on her face, tears were falling on her cheeks out of joy. It feels good to see someone you love happy.

The sky lit up, thunder roared as lightning appeared in the sky. Then heavy rain poured down all too quickly, making everyone gasp at the sudden downpour.

"Everyone, please go inside now and don't rush to avoid accidents. Congratulations again to Rosewood Deers for winning their first championship since 1998!" The speaker announced.

Most of the people ignored the order, rushing and pushing everyone in their way just to get inside the school. Lexi and I were about to go in as well, but Blaire grabbed the hem of our shirts.

"What are you guys? A bunch of pussies and too scared to get drenched in the rain?"

Lexi and I replied in unison however she said no while I said yes.

"I ain't no pussy!" Lexi said, looking offended.

"Blaire, we can just wait for them inside. It's pouring hard!" I shouted.

"It's just rain, Amber. It won't hurt you and come on, let's congratulate them!" Blaire yelled through the rain.

We made our way down the field, holding each other's hands for support because the ground was a bit slippery and we didn't want to fall on our butts. The rain pelted down on the ground and on our skins, soaking all our garments. As we got in the field, we broke our hold and Lexi ran towards Kayla and Lucy to give them a bear hug.

Reed was a few feet away from me so I stayed with Blaire to congratulate her brother. "Congratulations, Captain!"

Reed's eyes widened, shocked to see his sister here, "Blaire! What are you doing here? You never come to my games,"

"Thank this girl for forcing me to watch you. I must say that I enjoyed watching the game. You were so good out there!" They hugged each other with matching grins adorning their faces.

He grinned at me, he wiped his wet face and pushed his damp hair back to see us clearly, "Thank you, Amber!" We hugged shortly, I rubbed his back before pulling away. "I didn't know you were the one thing that can make my sister go,"

"Sometimes you just need a little push," I chuckled.

"Nah. She can't say no to you cause she respects you too much,"

"That I do. Though, she also irritates me sometimes," Blaire smirked at me.

I put my hands on my hips, "Hey! Reed needed you to watch the game since your parents couldn't go. He needed your support,"

Blaire put an arm around her brother, "I'm glad that I did go here. It was nice seeing you play, get tackled to the ground, and end up hurting your ankle, brother."

Reed let out a laugh, "Gee, thanks. Still hurts like hell by the way, but it's something I've experienced before so I'll be ok." He turned his head around to glance at my friends who were busy talking to one another, "Hey, Amber, I just realized we haven't talked since our date. I didn't know you were gay,"